•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NVD Micro - green or white phosphor

NV
  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Sarkikos

Sarkikos

ISS

• Loc: Per sylvam ad astra

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:16 AM

Something else to consider is manual gain control.  AFAIK, the NVD Micro does not have this capability.  It would be nice to be able to adjust the gain when viewing different objects under various conditions.  That might be similar to using a contrast filter for traditional astronomy.  Manual gain plus using different filters would give quite a bit of control over the image.

Mike

#27 Sarkikos

Sarkikos

ISS

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:25 AM

If your primary use is astronomy and the tubes being considered are equivalently spec'd, I'd break it down like this;

- An NVD Micro with an ITT P43 (green) or an ITT P45 (white),  go with the P43 (Green)!

- An NVD Micro with either an ITT P43 (green), ITT P45 (white) or an L3 Unfilmed P45 (white),  go with the L3 Unfilmed P45 (white)!

- However if it comes down to an NVD Micro with an L3 Unfilmed P43 (green) or L3 Unfilmed P45 (white),  either phosphor type will not leave you wanting though I'd give slight edge to P43 (green) but this is only when the primary use will be astronomy as terrestrial use I'd give a slight nod to P45 (white).

Bottom line, if you only choosing between ITT tubes, go with the P43 (green) but if you'd like to go with P45 (white),your better of with an L3 Unfilmed P45 (white) tube than you are with an ITT P45 (white) tube.

So for astronomy, the order of preference beginning with best and going down would be:

- L3 Unfilmed P43 (green)

- L3 Unfilmed P45 (white)

- ITT P43 (green)
- ITT P45 (white)

Is this based on specs or performance in the field or both?  Will the L3 Unfilmed P43 give the sharpest image for astronomy?  Where can I get an L3 Unfilmed P43?

Mike

Edited by Sarkikos, 21 July 2016 - 08:58 AM.

#28 jdbastro

jdbastro

Viking 1

• Loc: Messed Up Sanctuary State

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:39 AM

So for astronomy, the order of preference beginning with best and going down would be:

- ITT P43 (green)
- ITT P45 (white)

Is this based on specs or performance in the field or both?  Will the L3 Unfilmed P43 give the sharpest image for astronomy?  Where can I get an L3 Unfilmed P43?

Mike

Although they prefer to sell complete systems, you should consider contacting:

I2 Technologies & Systems Integrations

Ask for Peter.

I recently bought an unfilmed P43 tube from them and it is pretty awesome!

• SeymoreStars likes this

#29 Sarkikos

Sarkikos

ISS

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

Thanks much!  

I2 TSI has a FaceBook page, but it looks like their website is under construction.  Not much there and a lot of dead ends.

Mike

Edited by Sarkikos, 21 July 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#30 Tyson M

Tyson M

Aurora

• Loc: Canada

Posted 13 November 2016 - 01:19 PM

This thread is amazing. And I can see after visiting youtube how profound the night vision astronomy change can be.

I wonder if its even possible to get this gear in Canada across customs. 

#31 PEterW

PEterW

Vanguard

• Loc: SW London, UK

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:06 PM

Look at second hand sections of local hunting forums.. seem to come up sometimes. Many hunters are moving to thermals, thus selling their intensifiers. Good luck

Peter
  • spaceclown likes this

#32 SeymoreStars

SeymoreStars

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Pennsyltucky

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:11 PM

- ITT P43 (green)
- ITT P45 (white)

Mike

Although they prefer to sell complete systems, you should consider contacting:

I2 Technologies & Systems Integrations

Ask for Peter.

I recently bought an unfilmed P43 tube from them and it is pretty awesome!

I just bought from them also, Pete is awesome. Here's his instagram link...

https://www.instagra...nologies/?hl=en

• Sarkikos likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NV

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics