•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ZWO 178 Cooled Monochrome Camera- Fact Finding Mission

ccd astrophotography imaging
This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#51 riverpoet

riverpoet

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:51 AM

Peter, are you suggesting that there shouldn't be any hot pixel defects? I think every camera is going to have hot pixel artifacts (some even have complete rows of defective pixels). This is why you need to use darks and calibration files, or use something like PixInsight's cosmetic correction, or use dithering and pixel rejection during the stacking process.

Of course not, hot pixels are normal, but I've never seen such a big bunch of hot pixels stuck together (and I've had Canon, Atik, Starlight Xpress and QHY deep sky cameras) - so you think this is just an unfortunate bunch of hot pixels and not something else?

#52 gregj888

gregj888

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:24 AM

Peter,

Contact ZWO...  Kind of a big "blemish", IMHO...

Interesting thing, it's almost Gaussian, really sharp peak going across it and a double peak going long way.  Acts like a signal, but really well focused.

Would love to see this sensor under an emission microscope (sorry, the techie in me).

What does a bias look like? 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics