•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Forum Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 star drop

star drop

contra contrail

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Snow Plop, NY

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

Since my first visit here (2008?) I know that participation waxes and wanes. From reading a recent thread I have learned that there still are a few members who would like to see this forum grow. To that end I have started this thread.

It was also mentioned that there is a reluctance to link to other forums. The Cloudy Nights Terms of Service quote below covers this topic.

While we don't have any problem with anyone spending time anywhere they'd like, we'd also ask that you not join our forums for the purpose of harvesting our user base to setup a competing site. That's simply not good nettiquette.

That does not stop us from providing links to good microscopy information located elsewhere on the internet.

Links please so that we don't run into copyright issues or conflict with the Cloudy Nights Terms of Service.

Posting from other sites, and copyright and privacy issues:

Please do not copy e-mails, articles, posts, or any other content from publications or from other online sites unless you are the owner of the material or have received explicit permission from the owner to do so. This permission must be included in your post. Using another person's work without permission is, at the very least, poor netiquette, and is not permitted on this forum. A summary or short quote (one or two sentences) is acceptable without permission, but you must include the identity of the original source. The best way to direct fellow CN members to material you have found is to simply include a link, when possible, in your post.

Note that the preceding paragraph does NOT apply to images. Posting of an image is permitted only if the image is the property of the poster. In general, this means that the image or photograph was originally taken by the poster and was not done for the purpose of duplicating the contents of the subject (catalogs, manuals, clippings, etc.). Members should be aware that derivative works (images from other sources modified by the member) are not considered to be the property of the member. Only images posted on Cloudy Nights with requests for others to reprocess may be modified and reposted.

In this context, screen shots of the output of software programs aren't considered to be images and are permitted. Screen shots of websites are not permitted.

If anyone is unsure contact me before posting. Vendors have more stringent rules to follow and those can be found in the Cloudy Nights Terms of Service.

This thread will be kept unlocked so that all can make suggestions. I will also accept private messages on this or any other matter.

#2 star drop

star drop

contra contrail

• Moderators
  • topic starter

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:54 PM

Sixteen posts of nonsense have been removed from the Welcome to Cloudy Days thread.

#3 star drop

star drop

contra contrail

• Moderators
  • topic starter

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:16 PM

That thread has been amended to include microscopes and the title changed to Welcome to Cloudy Days & Microscopes.

Perhaps a brand new welcome thread would be better? I could write one on my own if no one cares but Cloudy Nights is about the members.

Should we add something about the fact that there are many different types of microscopes and imaging techniques?

#4 KarlL

KarlL

Apollo

• Loc: Northern Illinois

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:50 AM

Yes.

I don't want to see this forum go away because of a lack of participation.

Two ideas: 1) An imaging thread; and 2) a sticky on stereo microscopes, a new interest of mine.

Edited by KarlL, 28 June 2016 - 05:57 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics