The idea is to have a perpetual thread, much like the image gallery and setup threads, that is dedicated for live broadcast announcements so we would want mainly broadcast announcements posted. The following suggestions are recommended in order to keep the thread on track. Ideally there would be a single post/announcement for each broadcast, and that one post would be updated as guided by the suggestions that follow.
Requirements for broadcast posters:
- Post equipment details that will be used for the broadcast as this is an EAA observing and equipment forum, so the thread stays solidly within the purpose of this sub-forum.
- Post a link to the broadcast in the thread (don't rely on the sig as the mobile site doesn't display signatures).
- Post the estimated start time & date.
- If the broadcaster is going to post captures, please do so in a separate thread since this is an observing forum or in the image gallery, the broadcast post can be updated with the link to the relevant thread or post in the image gallery and vice/versa if desired.
Suggestions for broadcast posters:
- Post any prediction as to the likelihood of the broadcast would also help, maybe say low, medium, or high likelihood.
- Post the planned target types (Solar, Lunar, Planetary, Comets, Asteroids, DSOs, etc...), a general idea is ok at a minimum but if there is a specific list that would be great to share too.
- When the broadcast comes online please edit the broadcast post to say so.
- When the broadcast finishes please edit the broadcast post to say so.
- Edit the broadcast post to answer any questions that were PMed that you'd like to share with others.
Suggestions for viewers:
- If you have questions for the broadcaster do it via PM if there is no other way of contacting them. If it's something that others should know about the broadcaster can update their post with the Q&A.
- If you viewed the broadcast and want to give positive feedback please like the broadcast post and do not add posts unless there is something extraordinary to discuss and in such cases a new separate thread should probably be started. This is a good way for broadcasters to know that people on CN are watching.
- Do not add posts unless your going to broadcast. Please keep side discussions (even if relevant to broadcasting) short and err on the side of starting a separate thread.
As long as the link/broadcast announcement meets the CN TOS, there are no rules proposed here about where/how broadcasters operate, this means the thread is open to anyone able to post on CN, and of course since CN does not require registration to view threads anyone can see the announcements. This will include equipment demos/discussions as well as live targets, for example you could broadcast live setting up and using your equipment.