•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Live Broadcast Announcements

observing outreach EAA
  • Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#176 tsbikes

tsbikes

Explorer 1

• Loc: Custer, South Dakota

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:28 PM

Thanks for the info Don. I'll try another browser next time.

Jim

#177 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Mauna Kea, Hawaii

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:06 PM

Looks like a go tomorrow evening for our weekly broadcast from Mauna Kea at 9200'.  The weather has been lousy the past ten days, but the trade winds have finally arrived and t looks good for tomorrow.  We'll be on nightskiesnetwork.com about 6:45 HST.  Our channel is White Mountain Skies.  Not sure the exact setup we'll be using, but it will probably be with the C6 Evo and Ultrastar cam.  The moon will be bright, so we may do some NB Ha.

Hope you can join us.

Don

Latest prediction is clear skies on Mauna Kea for tonight.  

Don

• Relativist likes this

#178 ChrisFC

ChrisFC

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Sydney, Australia

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:19 AM

Excellent broadcast Don. Well, the 5 min i saw before work so rudely intervened !
  • Don Rudny likes this

#179 Spacetravelerx

Spacetravelerx

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: New Mexico

Posted 15 October 2016 - 11:51 AM

Well I FINALLY have a window from work, travel, weather, free time...to BROADCAST tonight!

Tonight looks like another night of perfect weather in New Mexico, however with a bright Moon out.  Whatever!  We can still see a few fun things!

Tonight's broadcast will be at 7:30 PM MDT/9:30 PM MDT and 0130 UTC (on 10/16/16).

The equipment tonight:
* Meade LX850 mount
* The Canon 60Da will be paired with the Meade 6000 80mm ED APO 
* The Mallincam X2 will be paired with the 14" f/8 ACF using the Mallincam 0.5x reducer

Both running of the MacBook Pro with Wirecast Live, EOS Utility, MallinCam Control, and Nebulosity.

You can find all the action at http://www.youtube.c...etravelerx/live

Come over and join the fun!

#180 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

Looks good for our weekly broadcast from Mauna Kea at 9200' tomorrow evening (Monday) starting at about 6:30 HST.  We have our CPC1100HD back from Celestron and it looks like it's tracking well.  We thought we would try the native focal length to view some planetary nebulae.  That should really test the tracking as well as my ability to align the scope and find things.  We may have to add a little focal reduction.

As usual the broadcast will be on Nightskiesnetwork.com and our channel is White Mountain Skies.  Hope you can join us.

Don

• Relativist and Susan H like this

#181 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:24 PM

Looks good for our weekly broadcast from Mauna Kea at 9200' tomorrow evening (Monday) starting at about 6:30 HST.  We have our CPC1100HD back from Celestron and it looks like it's tracking well.  We thought we would try the native focal length to view some planetary nebulae.  That should really test the tracking as well as my ability to align the scope and find things.  We may have to add a little focal reduction.

As usual the broadcast will be on Nightskiesnetwork.com and our channel is White Mountain Skies.  Hope you can join us.

Don

Looks good for tomorrow night, Monday 10/24.  We did broadcast last Monday, but the weather turned rainy after a couple of hours.  Not sure if we will do native FL or Hyperstar, but we will use the C11 and Ultrastar C.  Same time, same station.

Don

• Relativist likes this

#182 mega256

mega256

Surveyor 1

• Loc: N of Tampa

Posted 25 October 2016 - 12:28 PM

Ill be broadcasting from the CHIEFLAND STAR PARTY this week .. on

NIGHTSKIESNETWORK.COM

Mega256

mega Bob
  • Relativist and roelb like this

#183 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:51 PM

Weather not good tonight on Mauna Kea for our usual Monday broadcast.  Looks very good for Wednesday-Thursday.  We plan on either of those days and will post again on Wednesday morning.

Don

• Relativist likes this

#184 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:41 PM

We plan on a broadcast from Mauna Kea at 9200' tomorrow (Thursday) evening starting at about 7pm HST.  Cubs winning yesterday required us to put off the broadcast one more day.  

We will probably use the CPC1100HD at about F6 and the Ultrastar C camera.  Suggestions for objects will be appreciated.  I have the Mallincam MFR5-II focal reducer that I will be testing for the first.  We might try some different focal ratios.

The broadcast will be on nightskiesnetwork.com and our channel is White Mountain Skies.

Hope you can join us.

Don

• Relativist and Anduin like this

#185 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:57 PM

Right now it's looking good for our weekly broadcast tomorrow from Mauna Kea, Hi.  I'll try to get setup as early as possible, so we should be broadcasting by 6:30 HST.  With the recent time change that should be a reasonable time for most of the mainland.  We'll be on Nightskiesnetwork.com and our channel is White Mountain Skies.  With the near full moon, we'll be using the Ultrastar mono and narrow band Ha filter.  The scope setup will be the CPC1100HD with Hyperstar.

Hope you can join us.

Don

• Relativist likes this

#186 Spacetravelerx

Spacetravelerx

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: New Mexico

Posted 14 November 2016 - 12:38 AM

Ok everyone, short notice, but I am broadcasting live tonight, right NOW, 10:30 PM MST on November 13, 2016.

This broadcast is all about the "Super" Moon!

You can find the broadcast at http://www.youtube.c...etravelerx/live

The Equipment for tonight:
* Bouncing back and forth between the Meade 14" f/8 ACF and the 80mm ED APO Refractor.
* Canon 60Da
* 17" MacBook Pro
* Canon EOS Utility

Come join the fun!

#187 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

Weather looks iffy for tonight on Mauna Kea.  We decided to cancel tonight's White Mountain Skies broadcast and plan to be back next Monday.

Don

• Relativist likes this

#188 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 28 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

Weather is looking good for tonight, November 28th, on Mauna Kea at 9200', so our broadcast should start by 6:30 HST.  We'll be on nightskiesnetwork.com, and our channel is White Mountain Skies.  We'll be using the C11 at F5. 

Hope you can join us.

Don

Edited by Don Rudny, 28 November 2016 - 04:09 PM.

• Relativist likes this

#189 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:29 AM

Sorry for last night if you tuned in, but we couldn't get a decent wifi signal to broadcast.  We still did some observing and I posted some of the captures in the EAA image gallery.  Very clear night but very windy.  The CPC1100 mount still did a good job tracking at about 1500mm FL.

We we may have to get a wifi signal booster.

Don

#190 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

We're hoping to do a broadcast tomorrow evening (Tuesday) from Mauna Kea at 9200'.  The weather has been terrible here for the last three weeks, but it looks good for tomorrow.  I think I have our wifi signal solved by moving to a different location.

We'll be on Nightskiesnetwork.com and our channel is White Mountain Skies.  We should start by 7 pm (HST).  We'll be using the CPC1100HD, but not sure what the focal length will be.  Depends on the wind.

Hope you can tune in.  Please feel free to make suggestions on objects.

Don

• Relativist likes this

#191 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 31 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

The weather looks good for Monday, Jan. 2nd.  We plan our having our weekly broadcast starting at about 7pm HST on Nightskiesnetwork.com.  Our channel is White Mountain Skies.  We will probably use our CPC1100HD at F5.  If it's windy, we'll go with Hyperstar at F2.  Ultrastar C camera.

Hope you can tune in.  Requests are appreciated.

Don

• Relativist likes this

#192 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

The weather looks promising for tomorrow evening, Jan. 9th.  The weekly broadcast should start around 7pm HST.  We will try to get the Honda comet low in the western sky first thing.  Not sure yet what focal length we will use.  Broadcast will be on Nightskiesnetwork.com and our channel is White Mountain Skies.

Don

#193 mega256

mega256

Surveyor 1

• Loc: N of Tampa

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

If all goes well...

OBS star party broadcast (I hope)..
For twenty- three years the St. Petersburg Astronomy Club has hosted The Orange Blossom Star Party
http://www.stpeteast...lub.org/obs.php

Im rentting another unlimited Hot Spot from "day pass" and hope to
be broadcasting on NSN Jan 25-29 th...if all goes well..lol..

https://www.nightskiesnetwork.com/

Mega Bob

#194 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:07 PM

Weather is looking very good for Monday, Jan 16th, here on Mauna Kea, Hi.  We appear to be in a good weather pattern right now after a couple of months of bad.  Broadcast should start about 7:00 pm HST and will be on Nightskiesnetwork.com.  Channel is White Mountain Skies.  Not sure what focal length yet.  Any suggestions for objects will be appreciated.

Don

• Relativist likes this

#195 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

Weather is looking very good for Monday, Jan 16th, here on Mauna Kea, Hi.  We appear to be in a good weather pattern right now after a couple of months of bad.  Broadcast should start about 7:00 pm HST and will be on Nightskiesnetwork.com.  Channel is White Mountain Skies.  Not sure what focal length yet.  Any suggestions for objects will be appreciated.

Don

Looks like a go for tonight.  Decided to use the Evo 6 with Hyperstar for some wider field views.  290mm at F1.9 with the Ultrastar C and no filters.

#196 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:20 AM

Don

Looks like a go for tonight.  Decided to use the Evo 6 with Hyperstar for some wider field views.  290mm at F1.9 with the Ultrastar C and no filters.

Sorry, there was no broadcast tonight.  Very high winds.  The sky was near perfect, too. 

#197 nother

nother

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Hamburg, Germany

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:16 AM

Don

Sorry, there was no broadcast tonight.  Very high winds.  The sky was near perfect, too. 

My morning coffee was only half as good without your braodcast ...

• Don Rudny likes this

#198 jsardina

jsardina

Vostok 1

• Loc: Clifton, NJ

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:30 PM

Just looked at my weather in Clifton, NJ and it seems that I may have a 4 to 5 hour opening to be able to broadcast.  I'm just trying to decide do I use the 70-200 mm Canon lense @ F2.8 or the Meade 80 mm @ F 4 then again I could also use the 10" RC @ F 4 

any ideas on what FOV we want.

Watch I'm getting ready and watch it start snowing out even though it's 45 degrees out LOL.

Thanks,

Joe

#199 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:20 PM

Weather looks promising for tomorrow, Monday, Jan 30.  We will try our regularly scheduled broadcast from Mauna Kea at 9200'.  We'll be on Nightskiesnetwork.com and our channel is White Mountain Skies.  Show should start about 7:00 pm HST.

• Relativist likes this

#200 Don Rudny

Don Rudny

Surveyor 1

Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

I've been traveling some the last month or so, and together with some bad weather in February, we haven't done our broadcast from Mauna Kea for some time.  But, we plan on being back this Monday, March 27 at about 7:30pm HST, weather permitting.  The weather looks promising right now with dry and stable conditions prevailing.

We plan on viewing galaxies and galaxy clusters with our CPC1100HD at F5.0 (~1400mm FL).  Camera will be the Ultrastar C.  One Galaxy in particular will be NGC5643 that presently has a supernova occurring.  It may be a bit late for some as it doesn't rise here until about 10:00 HST in the southeastern sky.  We'll also take a look at two comets appearing in the northern sky.  Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

We will broadcast on Nightskiesnetwork.com, and our channel is White Mountain Skies.

Hope you can join us.

Don

• Relativist likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics