•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

44mm Quick Change adaptor for Telementor

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76 Disciplus55

Disciplus55

Viking 1

• Loc: East of France

Posted Today, 03:52 AM

Arrived !! Just took some photos, my original one compare to SkyMeca's one, very nice job. I just tested them all one by one with my AS80/840, and it works just perfectly, like my original one :-)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5580.jpg

#77 Disciplus55

Disciplus55

Viking 1

Posted Today, 03:52 AM

other side

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5581.jpg

#78 Disciplus55

Disciplus55

Viking 1

Posted Today, 03:55 AM

other part

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5582.jpg

• Corcaroli78 likes this

#79 Disciplus55

Disciplus55

Viking 1

Posted Today, 03:55 AM

other side

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5583.jpg

#80 Disciplus55

Disciplus55

Viking 1

Posted Today, 03:57 AM

Full assembly

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5584.jpg
  • IMG_5586.jpg
  • IMG_5585.jpg

• Mike E. likes this

#81 Disciplus55

Disciplus55

Viking 1

Posted Today, 04:38 AM

Sorry for the multiplication of posts, but I didn't want to degrade too much the photos to put them. I have one left of each, just in case, one alu and one hybrid. PM me if some are needed, SkyMeca has some left too, but I have not "bought" them, but it is available, 5 pcs (either alu of hybrid since he made both male rings in duplicate).

#82 Disciplus55

Disciplus55

Viking 1

Posted Today, 11:46 AM

Here are both aluminum and « hybrid » alu/S.S.

Attached Thumbnails

• E9DD6CA0-128B-4C40-B9A2-5936B8E7CA72.jpeg
  • EB303FA4-59A6-4FD9-BDE4-1357F959422D.jpeg

• Corcaroli78 and Mike E. like this

#83 Disciplus55

Disciplus55

Viking 1

Posted Today, 12:25 PM

Now I wonder... what if I could ask Skymeca to machine an M44 eyepiece holder for modern eyepieces, like 1.25” and 2”... with a brass compression ring inside. Ian mentioned it already, why not, I can ask.

• Corcaroli78 likes this

#84 Corcaroli78

Corcaroli78

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: 55N, 9E, Denmark

Posted Today, 12:40 PM

Now I wonder... what if I could ask Skymeca to machine an M44 eyepiece holder for modern eyepieces, like 1.25” and 2”... with a brass compression ring inside. Ian mentioned it already, why not, I can ask.

When i bought my Telementor, the previous owner added a M44 to 1.25" adapter with compression ring, machined in anodized aluminum. It works, but maybe not the best solution when rotating the prism diagonal, but it may work for some users.

I will post pictures later to see if that is the same adapter we are talking about

Carlos

• Disciplus55 likes this

#85 Death or Stars

Death or Stars

Lift Off

• -----

Posted Today, 04:06 PM

Hello All,

Having just recently taken possession of Telemator C63/840, one of the very last produced I believe, I am more than content to live with tradition in continuing to use the 0.965" size of eyepiece, especially being in possession of a number of top class ortho. eyepieces of that barrel size. I also apply the same thinking with anything  else which affects the operation of the scope.

In order to apply some degree of logic to the operation of an old scope in terms of accessories and observing needs, I've compiled a small matrix chart with  accessories listed horizontally and types of observing listed vertically. My observing needs are primarily astro.and, to keep friends and family happy, terrestrial.

The only problem is , I can't get hold of an original Zeiss porro erecting prism that was made for the scope. (any help here would be greatly appreciated). So what to do?  I believe 45 deg. viewing is more comfortable than 90 deg. for terr. observing - first issue solved. Second issue - porro or Amici? It appears the old style porro doesn't have the issues associated with the fine line potentially visible within the Amici design!  I've actually managed to acquire, second-hand, 2 straight viewing porros (0.965") but their quality is  somewhat visually and visibly below Zeiss in standard. In otherwords, getting a  0.965" top quality straight porro seems to me mission impossible.  I have just acquired today , from the USA, a second-hand mint Meade 1.25" straight porro, a  nice piece of kit, but again not quite up the standard I was looking for, it will do for time being. In the absence of any other advice, I've placed an order with OPT (USA) for a Williams Optics 45 deg. amici prism (1.25"), this for the time being will be the viewing  option for Terr. viewing.

So the situation is, I need to accommodate 1.25" nose- pieces ( as mentioned above) into the Telemator. I'am going about this with a Baader M44/T" camera adapter then attached to a Baader 1.25" Clicklock eyepiece adapter and thus have access to 1.25 facilities.

The William Optics 45 deg. amici fits into the Clicklock. This particular amici has a built in compression ring and thus should inflict no damage to 1.25" eyepieces.  However, I intend to use my 0.965" Zeiss eyepieces, to this end I have acquired  a reducing adapter (1.25" to 0.965") from Agena Astro, still awaiting delivery. The foregoing set-up should allow me to utilize 1.25" kit, as well as providing terr. viewing when required.

Without further testing, it's difficult to predict whether the terr. set-up will be up to astro. viewing, time will tell.

The matrix chart mentioned above makes sure I don't get lost in my endeavours, I page of A4.

In answer to Sylvain's observation earlier, yes, I'am definitely open to improve the mechanics of  my little system.

Regards to all,

Ian Lamont.       

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics