•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Binocular Universe: Into the Realm

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PhilH

PhilH

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Long Island, NY

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:33 PM

Bridging the constellations Coma Berenices and Virgo stands the Wild West for binocular astronomers, where only the brave trod. You may know it as the Coma-Virgo Realm of Galaxies. The Coma-Virgo galaxy cluster is the core of the Coma-Virgo supercluster, which embraces members far and wide. All of the galaxies within autumn’s Sculptor galaxy cluster, as well as our Milky Way as well as the rest of the Local Group of galaxies, are counted among the multitude.

Click here to view the article
  • Dave Mitsky, Carol L, precaud and 1 other like this

#2 BGeoghegan

BGeoghegan

Ranger 4

• Loc: Eastern CT

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:26 PM

Thanks Phil. Touring this set of galaxies has long been on my list and I think your outline should work well for modest telescopes as well as with binoculars.

#3 Luis Gabriel

Luis Gabriel

Lift Off

• Loc: Lijiang, Yunnan

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

I did conquer the 17 Virgo cluster some weeks ago with a 15x70 binos on a Bortle 5 sky. Pretty fun!

• PhilH likes this

#4 Joe I

Joe I

Sputnik

• Loc: Jupiter, FL

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:59 AM

Thank you Phil, I'm so happy I came across this series of articles. I've had my binoculars for a few months, and have found some things on my own, but I was a little discouraged with not knowing what targets would be appropriate. Now my only source of discouragement will be my Bortle 7 skies.

#5 PhilH

PhilH

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Long Island, NY

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:55 AM

Thanks, Joe.  I'm stuck under similar LP conditions, so you have my sympathy and empathy!

#6 ChengLi

ChengLi

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:28 AM

I am also thinking to buy a new one. Our galaxy is very captivating :) Everytime that i explore ang look on how God made the university, it gives me the feeling of how bless i am. :) Good vibes here :) God bless!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics