I received notice on Thursday that my ASI290MM camera had been shipped. I was expecting it to take a couple weeks to arrive from China but it arrived by UPS overnight! Pretty sweet for "free shipping". It was pretty crummy seeing Friday night but I tried the camera any way. My Jupiter (f/8) and Saturn (f/20) are attached. I also just for kicks tried the camera on some deepsky objects using SharpCap. I was not expecting the level of sensitivity I observed. Sample pixs of deepsky are below as well. A few quick observations:
- As mentioned, sensitivity was very good, quite a lot better than on my ASI 185MC. My exposure times were about 1/10th using the 290 when I was imaging Jupiter.
- The driver seems a little unstable. I had some trouble getting SharpCap and FireCapture to recognize the camera
- I could not get 12 bit mode to work full frame, again probably a driver issue.
- I was reduced to f/4 on my scope, but with the small sensor size it looks like I could reduce much farther before I saw any coma or vignetting.
- There appears to be 2x2 binning possible, at least on the monochrome version
Edited by jimthompson, 01 May 2016 - 02:31 PM.