I've been working on this project for a "wee bit of time", now. Its time to share what I've learned and hopefully get you all to contribute additional information to further "calibrate" the timeline regarding the use of JTII stickers from about the late 1950's through the early 1980's.
Rules for establishing estimated dates in this document ("argh, their more like guidelines, anyway):
- Timeframes have been approximated by using an authoritative source
- JTII Eyepiece in original box with a verifiable original price sticker
- First owner that can document the timeframe of the original purchase (e.g. receipt, association with a significant event)
- Photographic evidence in a dated catalog
- Please support or challenge these dates with similar authoritative sources. Thanks!
I will start posting what I have been able to learn and why I think that the dates are valid. Let the games begin!