•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Astronomy Technologies 66mm ED Scopes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 mloffland

mloffland

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

Posted Image

Feast your eyes on the newest telescopes from Astronomy Technologies. The clean lines, the dual speed focuser, the rich anodizing, and the incredible machining make these $329 Astro-Tech scopes true works of art. Not only a precision dual speed focuser, but a focuser that rotates a full 360° to bring your eyepiece or camera to the most comfortable observing position with a simple twist of a knurled ring on the scope body. The standard equipment locking foam-fitted aluminum case holds accessories as well as the telescope. The compact case not only protects your investment, but makes it the perfect travel scope and companion.

The 400mm f/6 fully multicoated ED doublet lens produces fantastic images that are virtually color-free, even at high magnifications. In fact, one observer remarked that the only color he could see was on the outside of the telescope. As the tag line says, this scope is so good you will swear it’s an APO.

In addition, Astronomy Technologies lets you choose a scope that fits your personality. You have your choice of six different tube colors to choose from – black, red, orange (copper), blue, or chrome anodizing, plus a handsome white textured paint for the traditionalist.

The optical quality, the machining, and the low $329 price including shipping! – I'll leave you with just one decision . . . what color would you like today? The choice is yours.

#2 Mark Costello

Mark Costello

Soyuz

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:35 PM

Hi Mike:

This may be a good time to ask who are Astonomy Technologies (AT). My interest is not so much these new scopes - although they look nice but I'd go for something larger - or the AT80s - I probably go first for the new SV NHNG, but the scopes which are coming - like the AT110 and/or whatever it is that they will be uncorking at WSP. My concern is where would I go for technical details on the scope or service either in or out of warranty.

Thanks and have a great night.

#3 Astronomics

Astronomics

Vendor: Astronomics

• Administrators

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:41 PM

At this time all warranty issues are handled through an authorized dealer during the two year warranty period. More scopes are on the way, details are not available yet. The WSP scope has been pushed back until at least May due to manufacturing delay.

#4 NeoDinian

NeoDinian

Experienced Postmaster

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:56 PM

Now THOSE are Purdy!

Boy.. You people make this hobby expensive with all these new toys... :) :) :)

#5 zjc26138

zjc26138

Loved By All

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:38 AM

Those are some nice looking scopes :cool:

#6 lighttrap

lighttrap

Soyuz

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:48 PM

I'd sure love to see a terrestrial naturalist package version of this scope. Green or OD or something like that, with a high quality 2" erecting prism and soft field cover/case with shoulder strap instead of hard case. And, of course if there could be an armored, waterproof version that would have it's own following.

This scope looks like it could be the improved version of the Ranger/Pronto. It needs some minor tweaking to get there. But, it's definitely interesting to those of us that look for small, portable, dual-use scopes.

#7 lighttrap

lighttrap

Soyuz

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:10 AM

Some additional thoughts on this scope as a terrestrial scope indicates that there's no reason at all to need the 2" capability. From a naturalist's standpoint, that'd just be extra weight in terms or focuser and eyepiece(s) for no really meaningful gain. A better bet would be to offer this as a lightweight package with a 1.25" focuser, prism (or diagonal) and maybe a 12.5mm or so widefield ep.

Just some thoughts, on what is clearly a scope with some exciting potential.

Mike Swaim

#8 IDONTSEEIT

IDONTSEEIT

Apollo

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:11 AM

Hi Mike,

Would you know if there is an existing Coronado H-α filter adapter available, for either the 40 or 60mm H-α filters, that would/may fit these AT-66's?

And, when will these be available? Will you/Astronomics be at NEAF-2006?

Thanks,

#9 Astronomics

Astronomics

Vendor: Astronomics

• Administrators

Posted 08 February 2006 - 10:16 AM

I will measure the OD of the dewshield to see about a slip fit adapter. There is a threaded trim ring on the dew sheild that an adapter might be able to thread into. They will be available in Mid March. NEAF is 50/50, we are in the process of moving and my wife is pregnant. So it might be closer to 1/99 not going, we'll see.

#10 Andy Howie

Andy Howie

Ranger 4

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:51 PM

Hi there. Any updates on delivery times for the 66mm ED?? Cheers, Andy.

#11 mloffland

mloffland

Mercury-Atlas

• topic starter

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

They should be arriving at our store in 7 - 10 days.

#12 Blair

Blair

Apollo

• -----

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:56 PM

Hello Mike,

Will these scopes work with a standard 1.25 inch diagonal without an extension as the William Optics version requires.

Thanks.

Blair.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics