•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Ha-LRGB with ASI 1600MM-C, Lagoon Nebula

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joe G

Joe G

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:44 PM

Finally was able to get a full image with the new camera.  Still having issues here and there with the driver hanging and USB connection issues, but at least got something.

The following settings were used:

Lum 30x1min, R, G and B 10x1 min and Ha 20x3min; about 2 hours total exposure

Unity Gain

-15C

Baader 7nm Ha filter and Optolong LRB filters

FSQ 106 on Atlas mount with PHD guiding captured through SGP

Processed with DSS, StarTools and PS CC

I was trying to get a mosaic with the Trifid but the wind came up and ended that attempt. 

Any criticism welcome.

Joe

Much better quality here (the jpeg compression with all these stars looks terrible):

https://www.flickr.c...ublic/lightbox/

Attached Thumbnails

• Lagoon 7-5-16 LRGB ASI 1600M Unity Gain FSQ DSS ST Combine less green PS Final.jpg

#2 Joe G

Joe G

Vanguard

• topic starter

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

Here is the FOV I was trying to capture.  This is two frames stitched together with 30x1 minute subs per frame.  Seems kind of amazing how much detail you can capture in such a short period of time.  I managed the luminance filter but was unable to complete the rest.  It really need a few more frames to round it out anyway.

A larger, higher quality tif here:

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

This is about 25 megapixels.

Attached Thumbnails

• Trifid and Lagoon 7-5-16 29x60s LUM ASI 1600M FSQ DSS ST_reg.jpg

#3 Jeff2011

Jeff2011

Soyuz

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:44 AM

Looks pretty good to me Joe.  You got good detail and the image looks very clean.  A little bit of a halo around the bright blue stars but not too bad.  The bright stars in M8 appear to be saturated.  Perhaps if you reduce the gain and go longer on the next image it may help with that.   I am currently imaging M13 and have may gain set to 30 with an offset of 14.  This also helps with my light pollution (Bortle 8+ skies).   For RGB I am going 3 minutes and Lum 2 minutes.  Hopefully I will have it processed by this weekend if I don't decide to throw away and retake some of the data again.   I have had the ASI1600 hang on me once, but mainly I am having other issues like guide camera timeouts and focusing issues. After I rebooted my laptop last night, it was no longer receiving correct location information from the my mount.  Just a lot of weird stuff that I usually don't see.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics