C8 RA Drive Backwards
Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:56 AM
Posted 17 March 2004 - 07:47 AM
Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:51 AM
Yes, you will fry your electronics. Or if you're lucky, you'll just blow a fuse or it just won't work at all. I can't imagine any DC-powered drive system that changes direction according to polarity of input power.
Will I fry the electronics if I merely reverse the polarity of the battery?
Posted 17 March 2004 - 01:55 PM
Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:15 PM
NORTHERN/SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE OPERATION
When using your Celestar 8 in the southern hemisphere, there is a need to reverse the direction of the R. A. motor. In previous telescopes this was accomplished by installing a reversed motor. Now, the direction the drive motor moves the telescope is within the control of the user. Changing from northern hemisphere to southern hemisphere requires changing the polarity of the drive motor. To do this:
1. You need to purchase the optional hand controller.
2. With the power turned off, press down and hold the up and down buttons simultaneously.
3. Turn the power switch on (keep holding the buttons down).
4. In one or two seconds the red (LED) will blink. This will indicate the telescope is set for the southern hemisphere.
5. Keep the hand controller plugged in at all times. If you unplug the unit, it will default back to northern hemisphere operation.
The direction of the drive motor is now reversed and will work in the opposite hemisphere. [unquote]
Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:00 PM
Posted 17 March 2004 - 05:06 PM
Posted 17 March 2004 - 09:23 PM