•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Super Stoked

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lt 26

Lt 26

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Northwest Illinois

Posted 20 July 2016 - 03:30 PM

Sold a few never used eyepieces and I have ordered my first microscope. It should be here early next week. My first will be a Stereo zoom microscope. Good thing I am retired and had plenty of time to do some research because I had no idea there were so many to choose from.

I looked at models from:

Amscope

Leica

Olympus

Omano

National Optical

Nikon 

Meiji

Zeiss

and a few others

And the winner is, drum roll please

Tune in for the unboxing, I think you will like it. It is a new offering.

Dereck

#2 coopman

coopman

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: South Louisiana

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:14 PM

Congrats. I wouldn't know what brands are good these days. The last microscope I had was back in the 1960's when I was a preen.

#3 KarlL

KarlL

Apollo

• Loc: Northern Illinois

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:24 AM

I bought an AmScope at a stupidly good price approximately a month ago. My first stereo scope ever. It's gotten my feet wet, and I want something of significantly higher quality now, especially in terms of illumination brightness and ergonomics. However, practically every brand is really a rebrand. I suspect that one or two PRC factories produce everything, as they do our astro scopes.

Can't wait to see which one. I'm sure you'll love stereo microscopy. The 3D effect is shocking, especially compared to the 2D views through a compounnd. You'll find how many everyday objects are covered in dead skin cells.  :shocked:

Edited by KarlL, 21 July 2016 - 11:30 AM.

#4 Lt 26

Lt 26

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: Northwest Illinois

Posted 21 July 2016 - 01:24 PM

I have several things already set aside to look at. Hope to be able to share this with my grandchildren, they are sleeping or not here when my telescopes come out.

Dereck

#5 KarlL

KarlL

Apollo

• Loc: Northern Illinois

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:39 PM

Put a camera on it!

• Jon_Doh likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics