A break in the clouds. Not much of one, and it's moon-washed and poor seeing, but enough for my purposes.
I took the princess out and let her cool down. It wasn't much as the outdoors and indoors have held at around 70 for a few hours.
I aimed her at Arcturus, got her in focus to prove it could be done, then I took her out of focus quite a ways. I centered Arcturus's blob in the FOV. It was asymmetrical -- one side was squeezed in more than the other. I began turning the OTA in small increments, then re-centering and adjusting the focus to get the image back to the same size it was. Turning the OTA moves the corrector plate out on its threads which shrunk the image size. The image got more asymmetrical at first, then improved until it was as circular as I could get it. I'll adjust the corrector plate tomorrow so that the OTA can be oriented properly when the scope is collimated.
The image was a bit better, but not great. Arcturus didn't focus into the nice tight airy disk I'm used to seeing with Ralph. With seeing being poor, I'm not sure what fuzziness is the scope and what's the seeing. I didn't take Ralph out for comparisons yet as it was just a break in the clouds. It's wet on the deck, which meant no AC clock drive, so I had to fight vibration and recentering a little, too. I can't wait to get them both out side by side at full strength.
The image was brighter than Ralph's, I could tell that from the star field around Izar. I was only working with a 16mm Brandon, and seeing's poor so there was no chance of a split, but I was looking for a star I normally need averted vision for with Ralph and I didn't need to work as hard to find it.
Izar cast a ghost, something that never happened with Ralph or the Field, for that matter. I'm not sure why, but it occurred to me that the mirror and/or the corrector may not be sitting flat. I didn't take any special steps to ensure they weren't. I'll have to figure out how. It's also possible the the OTA is off-center. There was certainly some wobble in it as I turned it. It's not as snug screwing in as the Field's is. Or maybe I screwed up the prism's alignment... I need to get some kind of bench testing going.
Even with the issues, it was nice to spend some time observing again. The RA and dec controls are very nice now and I didn't have to think about them at all, they just responded as I'd come to expect with Ralph.