I had an Omni XLT 150 optical tube for which I bought a CG-4 mount--turning it into the full Omni XLT 150 telescope. I used it for a while, but found the ergonomics of an equatorial newt to be quite infuriating.
I sold it at a loss overall (just made up the cost of the new CG-4 mount plus a little extra) alongside the EQ-1 motor drive I kept after I got rid of my AstroMaster 114EQ. The new owner (who was upgrading from the PowerSeeker 127EQ!) found that the motor drive worked great on the CG-4 mount, and has taken some pretty great photos, largely better than what I was getting with my 6" f/8 dob using the drift method.
Here it is on "last light," where I pitted it against my 6" f/8 Apertura DT6 dob to decide which I'd keep and which I'd sell to fund a 10" dob. The difference in usability was stark, and although I did find a new object for the first time manually (the Blue Snowball) with this mount on that night, the Dob was so much easier to use. And although they went toe to toe on deep sky objects (I seldom used the extra wide field that the XLT150 afforded aside from using it as a finder), the DT6 destroyed the XLT150 on planets. I realized this was due to me overtightening the mirror clips after cleaning the filthy mirror, and I untightened them before selling it.
Here it was when I did some video astronomy for International Observe the Moon Night. Smartphone camera acting as an eyepiece, feeding video over screen sharing to my laptop, putting up the video on the monitor. People thought it was cool, but it's nothing like the reaction to looking through the eyepiece. It was also such an enormous hassle to set up, both a big heavy mount AND the electronics, that the slow motion controls of the CG-4 mount did not make up for it. I also wasn't even close to polar alignment, so I still ended up doing two-axis tracking.