•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Anyone ever forget their scope?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#51 bearkite

bearkite

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Truss poles...

Drove all the way to West Virginia only to discover I'd left them leaning against the front door.

And my Astro buds never let me forget it.

#52 caveman_astronomer

caveman_astronomer

Gemini

• -----

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:41 AM

I have been observing since 1980. I can honestly say that I have never forgot my scope was outside in the backyard,
Left over night. But I have found an eyepiece or two laying on the ground the next day. Anybody have a funny story along this topic? Thanks Bryon C.

Went on a session with several others.  The two telescopes were '70s C8 and C5.  No eyepieces in the C8 case.  One eyepiece and related hardware in the C5 case.  To add insult to injury, the lone eyepiece was .965, probably a 20mm Kellner.  It worked OK with the C8.

Don't look at me, I didn't pack the telescopes.

#53 Thomas Karpf

Thomas Karpf

Vanguard

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

That's why I leave a pair of binoculars in the car, so when I forget to bring something, I at least have binoculars.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics