•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to not see a user's posts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 sgorton99

sgorton99

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 12 October 2016 - 05:38 AM

At times I have thought it would be nice if I didn't have to even see some users posts. I thought the only comments made were negative, or just so far off topic like in the "ADS" thread that it seems like a waste of time. So, after asking and checking it is really a simple process.

Go to your user name in the upper right and click on it.

Select "Manage Ignore Prefs"

Search for the member name in the white "Member's Name" search box

Click, or un-click to change, if you want to ignore Posts, Signature, Messages 

You will then be able to see a list of everyone you have selected in the past, and can easily make changes to what you are following from them. 

When the user posts in a thread you are reading you will get a message asking if you want to see the user's post anyway, even if you are ignoring them. I find this useful in threads I have started, as I can then not see the off topic, extraneous, or even at times just negative remarks about something I am excited about.

Hope this helps some folks, and I totally understand if you choose to start ignoring me!

Steve

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics