•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Pushing power on the Tasco 10TE

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 March 2004 - 03:00 AM

Last week I used 200X on the Tasco 10TE. Incredibly sharp images and no chromatic aberration. Could see the shadow of one of the Galilean moons on the planet.

Dan Kahraman

#2 bobbie

bobbie

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 21 March 2004 - 11:30 PM

Were you using the 1 inch EP's or have you got a hybrid diagonal?

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 04 April 2004 - 09:16 AM

I have a machined hybrid adapter. One end goes into the telescope drawtube, the other end can take 1.25" o.d. barrel eyepieces.

#4 bobbie

bobbie

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 09 April 2004 - 10:30 PM

Thanks Dan, I have several older Tasco/Towa refractors. Both of course came with the old 1 inch eyepieces. The 2.4 Tasco's eyepieces are simply horrible! Terrible views! (With a hybrid diagonal and some Meade EP's it's not that bad however.) The Towa 3.0 inch scope came with a very nicely boxed set of eyepieces which really do give the modern EP's a run for their money. In particular contrast with them seems better than with the Meade EPs. I have an mid 1970's Tasco catalogue with some nice looking numbers in it. I tried to post it but my computer literacy does not seem to be adequate for the job. I'll try again. Cheers.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics