•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Moon..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anismo

anismo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, TX, USA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

Another advantage of having a camera that can do double duty as planetary.. is I got something to shoot when the moon is up..

I havent shot the moon since 2014.. mainly because  I dont want to touch the imaging train with the CCD on the camera.. if I can automatically insert a barlow I will be set :D

This is a 4 panel mosaic with 1 minute videos stacked 50% in autostakker and processed in Pixinsight (just restoration filter). I am not sure what other processing is typically done but I think I can try some RGB on this next. Fun stuff.

moon2_processed_800.jpg

get.jpg

• Ricky, dragracingdan, torsinadoc and 5 others like this

#2 shawnhar

shawnhar

Cosmos

• Loc: Knoxville, TN

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

Looks pretty good Anis, nice contrast and the highlights are not blown out, something I struggled with on my last moon shot.

• Ricky likes this

#3 anismo

anismo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, TX, USA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

Thanks Shawn.  I was thinking it was looking a bit darker than I expected when I uploaded. I did get some message about indexed PNG and it will use 256 colors.. not sure if it changed it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics