•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Moon..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anismo

anismo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, TX, USA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:36 PM

Another advantage of having a camera that can do double duty as planetary.. is I got something to shoot when the moon is up..

I havent shot the moon since 2014.. mainly because  I dont want to touch the imaging train with the CCD on the camera.. if I can automatically insert a barlow I will be set :D

This is a 4 panel mosaic with 1 minute videos stacked 50% in autostakker and processed in Pixinsight (just restoration filter). I am not sure what other processing is typically done but I think I can try some RGB on this next. Fun stuff.

moon2_processed_800.jpg

get.jpg

• Ricky, dragracingdan, torsinadoc and 5 others like this

#2 shawnhar

shawnhar

Cosmos

• Loc: Knoxville, TN

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

Looks pretty good Anis, nice contrast and the highlights are not blown out, something I struggled with on my last moon shot.

• Ricky likes this

#3 anismo

anismo

Fly Me to the Moon

• topic starter
  • Loc: Austin, TX, USA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

Thanks Shawn.  I was thinking it was looking a bit darker than I expected when I uploaded. I did get some message about indexed PNG and it will use 256 colors.. not sure if it changed it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics