•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Northeastern US (Maine) Discussion & Introductions

• Please log in to reply
3716 replies to this topic

#3701 Scott123

Scott123

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Maine

Posted 05 August 2020 - 05:18 AM

We had wind the first part of the night, it died down and surged a few times. Bright and clear now. Nothing to write home about. 

• Greyhaven likes this

#3702 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Aurora

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:48 AM

The storm here was no worse than an average T-Storm here, just a little longer lasting. Walked around the estate and found no damage that a rake won't fix. I hope the others of the Kingdom were as fortunate. I then spent a half hour sitting on the rear deck sipping my freshly reconstituted mug of Folgers instant decafe while hand feeding my tame chipmunk, Eddie or Edith, who knows.. hands full of black oil sunflower seeds while watching our bird friends at the feeders. I got the Subaru back from the shop a few days ago. She's back to the the way she was before my brief  Joie Chitwood Thrill Show three wheel ride recently.lol.gif Stay safe in the Kingdom.  Follow our government's advice " Only exhale never  inhale."

Grey

• Scott123 likes this

#3703 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Western Maine

Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:44 PM

Sounds like Bill.,.

I forgot to mention.,Has anyone heard the hoopla about the new Orion zoom.,sapossed ta be wicked sharpp.,I ordered one,.ups says the 12th.,

Also I built sides for the wagon.,my son brought me some pt he was gonna toss.,works all good.,I knew the wire was temperary.,I have one more pallet I can fill behind the woodshed.,so I will get to test the sides soon.,I'll go take a pic.,

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200805_164058.jpg
  • 20200805_164038.jpg

• Greyhaven and Mike96 like this

#3704 Mike96

Mike96

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: West Central Maine - Buckfield

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:49 PM

set up on the deck on a whim....  pretty decent view from W to NE without dodging around my tower.  Pretty decent MW earlier than I expected.  In for a drink of cider and refocus a bit.  The spoiler is coming though.  I'll hang around and throw the moon filter on.  Pretty relaxing evening now the State Cops are done doing speed runs by here.  Something bad happening somewhere

#3705 Mike96

Mike96

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:13 AM

As the moon got up higher when I got back out there was enough of something in the atmosphere that took the good viewing away, to the point it was difficult to tell where the MW was..  I waited a while till I was sure my eyes were dark adjusted and it still didn't help.  At that point I decided not to even reposition the scope and do my moon viewing..  good thing cuz as I was headed in I noticed we had a bit of a ring around the moon also from that same layer of whatever it was.  I covered up the scope and left it out.  Maybe I'll get luckier tonight :-)     It was perfect "living room" weather out there with no bugs... too much to expect good viewing also! 

• Scott123 likes this

#3706 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Aurora

Posted 06 August 2020 - 03:52 PM

My trailer project is over, and I know it's about time.

The end of the story.

Grey

finished1web.jpg

finished3web.jpg

• ArizonaScott, clearwaterdave, BFaucett and 3 others like this

#3707 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:37 PM

Very nice.,You'll have the tourist's stoppin to take a pic when you're out in the yard,.,.lol.,

I cleared a 6'x12' strip of pickerbush ground behind the woodshed for rolling the small wagon on.,I laid down 3'×4' stall mats.,those berries wont be back.,The wagon went so smooth it almost ran me over,.lol.,gotta be careful.,it was empty this time.,.Looks like stars out.,may go take a peek,.pretty beat.,be safe.,best2all.,

• Greyhaven and Scott123 like this

#3708 Mike96

Mike96

Ranger 4

• -----

Posted 07 August 2020 - 09:15 PM

You are stylin Grey!  My son has my old lawn trailer that I swear is identical to that and he has a JD so I had to show him .  He's got a long way to go before his is ready for paint...  you know all about that.  By the way, my trailer (now his) dates back to the late 70's.  could never seem to get paint to stick on parts of it...  even the original paint flaked off.   Nothing like a nice flame job...  I always wanted to try those.  I'm hoping to get a little more caught up and bring my Model A truck home to finish getting that back together.  I'm replacing the passenger fender and running board and doing a little smoothing out of dents in the back of the cab.  I'm going to try to paint those a dull old black like the others and  I'm going to try to do something creative so I can just paint the back of the cab and roof a red to kinda match the rest of the red on the cab.  The object is to keep it looking like an old well used (but not abused) 31 pickup....   but, wait....  can you picture some yellow flames with orange fading to blue tips on that red hood?

• Greyhaven likes this

#3709 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Aurora

Posted 08 August 2020 - 07:01 AM

Dave, it looks like you will be cruising across the 5,000 post Mill Stone today. Congratulations! I will be there soon also, so inquiring minds want to know. Does CN give you a free Tee shirt of package of monogrammed lens wipes to commemorate such an auspicious event?
I had an interesting afternoon yesterday. My bedroom ceiling fan/light decided to short out and take the rest of the summer off, so Hi HO Hi HO it is off to Lowe’s I go. Lady Elaine and I chose a similar, but simpler unit (less glass and lights) this time me Lady suggested adding a remote control so my aged C-pap’ed body could stay reclined while adjusting the light/fan. She always gets what she wants. Since I was replacing the old unit hardware and electrical connections were fresh in my mind the only new part was the remote receiver. It wouldn’t fit in any of the places suggested on the instruction sheet. Sheet a generous term. It was more like a micro dot something that the spies might use to smuggle documents out of the country with. Following the instruction dot, under placing the receiver plan B subsection D what to do before you punt. I nestled it resting between the ceiling joist causing me enlarge   the hole in the ceiling. I hate patching wall board. I was able to enjoy the cooling breeze last night as I flicked my LED overhead light on and off while strapped into my C-pap… Don’t you just love technology?

Grey

• clearwaterdave and Scott123 like this

#3710 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:00 AM

Gray.,I do love technology.,Here is my lighting solution.,this specially designed flashlight runs on AA rechargable batteries.,and has a glo in the dark switch for easy access in the dark.,This is within arms reach of my chair making a remote obsolete,.,lol.,It was hung higher up the wall.,but without the obsolete remote was a pain.,.best2all.,keep a light on.,.in the house and in your heart.,Darkness is a frame of mind.,.

Still movin wood.,the new sides are wicked sharp.,this my last load though.,it will make 2 square stacks 6ft. tall on the pallet.,no more room.,

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200809_064558.jpg
  • 20200808_182139.jpg

• Greyhaven and PeterGunn like this

#3711 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:09 AM

My piles.,.lol  and my rubber road.,

Edit.,Is anyone else having a hard time getting pics to upload.,these are not big.,but took a long time( 2min) and didn't always go through.,this has been happening for a few weeks here.,

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200808_182347.jpg
  • 20200808_182310.jpg

Edited by clearwaterdave, 09 August 2020 - 06:34 AM.

• Greyhaven and Scott123 like this

#3712 Scott123

Scott123

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Maine

Posted 09 August 2020 - 05:39 PM

My piles.,.lol  and my rubber road.,

Edit.,Is anyone else having a hard time getting pics to upload.,these are not big.,but took a long time( 2min) and didn't always go through.,this has been happening for a few weeks here.,

We've been having trouble with our digital phone lines at work. I called Consolidated, the tech assure me the issue wasn't on our end. There was some odd issue with one of the backbone fiber links. All better as of Friday. 

#3713 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:11 AM

I'm on satelite here.,no fibers.,and it's just on this site.,not fb or mail.,

Finished my stacks.,got the cover tied on about 7min before it let loose.,lol.,

About 30min of thunder and lightning.,right on us.,lol.,house was shaking.,

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200809_133614.jpg
  • 20200809_175557.jpg

• Greyhaven and PeterGunn like this

#3714 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Aurora

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:26 AM

Dave

5,000 post you did it you old prolific one.... I knew you could... Is CN shipping you your Tee shirt via the old or new postal service?

Grey

• clearwaterdave likes this

#3715 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:55 AM

LOL.,No USPS.,no social security.,no medicare.,life just gets simplier every day.,,I turn 65 next month and I have been getting 3-4 calls per week from insurance companies trying to sign me up for supplmentry programs to "make sure I have all the coverage I need".,I'm unpluging the thing now and only plugging it in when I want to make a call.,my friends and family have my tracfone number and can reach me there,.Also,.last week I had the same guy "Vince" call me twice in 3hr for the Firemans fund.,He heard some pretty good potty mouth.,lol.,

Yes 5000 posts.,I rather get the hat.,lol.,  So my Orion zoom should be here wed. Be interesting to see it compared to the Meade.,The price starts out cheaper,.but after tax an shipping it ended up a few buck more than I paid for the Meade's.,no biggie,.just the Orion way.,hit em on shipping.,they have gotten better though.,a little.,lol..

Speaking of Vince.,where ya go?  Mat is bringing me some pickled green tomatoe's and a mask that he makes.,be stylin.,  best2all..

Attached Thumbnails

• 20200807_100602.jpg

• Greyhaven, BFaucett and Mike96 like this

#3716 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Aurora

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:42 AM

Since Orion only makes money no products who is their chosen supplier? Is it a rebranded Meade or a SVBoney knock off. Inquiring minds need to know.

Grey

#3717 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:54 AM

It's not a Meade knock off.,It's a 7-21mm.,I didn't look at the specs,.but I'm hoping it's a little smaller/ lighter then the Meade.,I'll know soon enough.,

• Greyhaven likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics