•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Northeastern US (Maine) Discussion & Introductions

• Please log in to reply
2002 replies to this topic

#2001 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Gemini

• ****-
  • Loc: Western Maine

Posted Yesterday, 06:05 PM

Did anybody else get out last night,,I know it was a school night but the way the weather has been I feel a need to take what is given.,The conditions were pretty good overall.,the 102 was picking up fuzzies better than the 130 did the last "clear" night.,

The 102 on the lx is such a great match.,everything works so smoothly.,I tracked M3 for 10min.,very cool beans.,lol.,

Tubbs is still in the porch.,.I'm not yet willing to park it on the platform with the telegizmo cover to be rained on for a month before it gets used.,Since Matt's visit there's a bit more room in the porch so it can stay there for now.,He took the Z8 home for a test drive.,lol.,

Had this guy at the feeder today.,usually they stay in the trees watching the other birds at the feeder.,we had an Indigo Bunting the day before but I wasn't fast enough with the camera.,

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190523_091052.jpg

#2002 Mike96

Mike96

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: West Central Maine

Posted Yesterday, 08:25 PM

I thought I posted this morning about my evening at the farm...  No sign of it though.  Too bad, it was witty and lots of good info.  :-)

The Cliff Notes version is we went over about 8:00 and set up with the Onesky.  There were clouds and haze closing in but there was a lot of open sky to work with and I considered the conditions to be really good.  Poked around the open sections and learning a bit about what constellations I could identify.  At the same time I would switch eyepieces around. The wide angle that comes with it is not bad to me but once I started dropping in my TV stuff I could see quite a difference. Noticably more contrast, probably cuz of the TV coatings?  that and the field of view really brings out the space walk feeling.  The 16 Nagler was the most impressive and was the most comfortable viewing with my eyes. The 13 was about the same.  I gotta say though, the enclosed lens works fine.  I was having such a good time I didn't think to try higher mag than the 13.  I'm really happy with it but I kicked my butt I didn't bring the NP101 over too.  It would have been interesting to do some comparisons.  Maybe next week huh?  closing in pretty much by 10:30 so saddled up and headed home..  I think the best idea I can come up with to make the Onesky more friendly to use is a center table with powered height adjustment with a Merry go round seat.  The little beast can be a backbreaker.  I'll come up with something, its worth it!  Thanks for the tip Dave!

• clearwaterdave likes this

#2003 clearwaterdave

clearwaterdave

Gemini

• ****-
  • Loc: Western Maine

Posted Yesterday, 08:48 PM

Mike I'd like to be there when you do a side by side with those scopes.,just to look through a TV,.lol.,I'm glad you are enjoying the OS..I like merrygoround idea.,I have played with the idea myself.,but I got side tracked.,hence came Frank.,lol.,Though using the OS on the platform with a chair on wheels it is like a merrygo.,It has shown me many fuzzies from there.,

Attached Thumbnails

• 20130427_185027.jpg.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics