•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

What is this strange thing on Google Sky, in infra-red?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 Hallzers

Hallzers

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

In Virgo, right between Spica and Syrma, on Google Sky, if you click on infra red you can see what appears to be a black rectangle with a very bright object behind it. 

https://www.google.com/sky/

The Planet X / Nibiru conspiracy wackos are saying the black rectangle is google trying to cover up evidence of Nibiru.  :fingertap:   

Of course... Nibiru is a "dark planet" which is "not visible with normal light."   :ohmy:

As often as otherwise intelligent people ask me about the whole Nibiru garbage I figured I should have some definitive information.  I thought maybe someone here has an IR setup and has already checked it out, or could post their own pictures here. I would go out in a few hours and take look myself with the C14 / Hyperstar / Atik, and a few filters, but we have nothing but thick clouds tonight here. Besides... I don't know what I'm doing with IR anyways.  

Edited by Hallzers, 20 January 2017 - 11:49 PM.

#2 Justin Fuller

Justin Fuller

Viking 1

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:05 AM

My guess is it's a real planet, maybe Saturn or Jupiter, depending on what infrared dataset was used. That spot is almost exactly on the ecliptic.

#3 Hallzers

Hallzers

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:05 AM

They also showed a picture from Skyview (without a black rectangle over anything) at 180,120 but I couldn't find it on Skyview myself. It looked like two bright objects with a crescent shaped smile under them. 

#4 Justin Fuller

Justin Fuller

Viking 1

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

Google sky infrared view is taken from IRAS data from 1983, if you look at a planetarium program, that places Saturn at that same spot in Virgo that year. I'm guessing the IRAS controllers avoided bright planets to avoid damaging the sensors, hence the lack of data there.

Edited by Justin Fuller, 21 January 2017 - 12:20 AM.

#5 Dr. Woo

Dr. Woo

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:04 AM

Just throwing this out there as something I came across. Most people watch TV. I don't even have one. I spend that time reading. Lots of reading

https://www.intellih...d-disk-visible/

#6 Hallzers

Hallzers

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

Google sky infrared view is taken from IRAS data from 1983, if you look at a planetarium program, that places Saturn at that same spot in Virgo that year. I'm guessing the IRAS controllers avoided bright planets to avoid damaging the sensors, hence the lack of data there.

Thanks I posted that info for the offending wacko.

#7 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

In Memoriam

• In Memoriam

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:06 AM

What is Syrma? I can't find that name anywhere.

I clicked your link, and it took me to a view of M81 in Ursa Major, nowhere near Spica.

#8 Hallzers

Hallzers

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

I clicked your link, and it took me to a view of M81 in Ursa Major, nowhere near Spica.

Click on Infra red, then click on Constellations, then click on Virgo.

Syrma is the star in Virgo that would be her... ehhh... left knee at least in the drawing on Google Sky. This star is identified as Syrma in Celestron's mobile app. 

#9 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

In Memoriam

• In Memoriam

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:49 PM

Syrma is the star in Virgo that would be her... ehhh... left knee at least in the drawing on Google Sky. This star is identified as Syrma in Celestron's mobile app. 

OK. The PSA also lists it. For those interested, Syrma is Iota Vir.

Let me try your link again...

Edit: Hmm, it just doesn't work for me. If I select infrared, I can't go anywhere from there, and I can't go back. Same with selecting constellations. *sigh*

Edited by Rick Woods, 21 January 2017 - 02:00 PM.

#10 Hallzers

Hallzers

Ranger 4

• topic starter

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

Edit: Hmm, it just doesn't work for me. If I select infrared, I can't go anywhere from there, and I can't go back. Same with selecting constellations. *sigh*

How about:

1. Constellations

2. Virgo

3. Infra red

?

#11 Rick Woods

Rick Woods

In Memoriam

• In Memoriam

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

How about:

1. Constellations

2. Virgo

3. Infra red

?

Nope. Once I select anything from the initial screen, I have no choices on the next screen; neither can I return to the home screen without cancelling the session and starting over. #&$% computers.

#12 Msged2007

Msged2007

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 13 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

How about:

1. Constellations

2. Virgo

3. Infra red

?

Nope. Once I select anything from the initial screen, I have no choices on the next screen; neither can I return to the home screen without cancelling the session and starting over. #&$% computers.

Just stumbled across this topic while researching the alignment that is to take place on September 23rd of this year; the same one that is spoken of in Revelation 12 of the Bible. Does anyone have an infrared setup that can take up to date pics of this area of the sky? Or maybe can take pics with different filters (I only have a moon filter)? I would like to know if there is anything to this. Thank you.

#13 brentwood

brentwood

Aurora

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:20 PM

What's happening on Sept 23rd?

#14 brentwood

brentwood

Aurora

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

There is another button for infra red in the top right hand corner of the map itself. So yes , you can click in constellations down below for Virgo, and then click the other button for IR.

#15 t_image

t_image

Gemini

• -----

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:00 PM

Just stumbled across this topic while researching the alignment that is to take place on September 23rd of this year; the same one that is spoken of in Revelation 12 of the Bible. Does anyone have an infrared setup that can take up to date pics of this area of the sky? Or maybe can take pics with different filters (I only have a moon filter)? I would like to know if there is anything to this. Thank you.

So the Infra-red here in the images is FAR-INFRARED wavelength, or thermal like a FLIR thermal imager.

The Earth's atmosphere blocks almost all of this light, so you would need a satellite....

The infra-red often discussed in photography (like using an infra-red pass filter) is Near Infra-red wavelength,

not heat and altogether different.

Additionally to the thread conversation, satellite astronomy imagery sensors often have shutters or covers/shields that they can place over very bright sources (like a bright star) (or suspend sampling) so the long exposure of the other stars would develop better (like the act of holding your hand over the Sun to see a plane flying near the Sun--is actually allowing your vision system to adjust the dynamic range so the plane can be seen, same with these bright object filters).....

No conspiracy here........

https://lambda.gsfc....v/product/iras/

http://irsa.ipac.cal...up/ch3/C.html#5

http://irsa.ipac.cal...up/ch3/D.html#4

Edited by t_image, 13 August 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#16 Starman1

Starman1

Stargeezer

• Vendors

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

In Virgo, right between Spica and Syrma, on Google Sky, if you click on infra red you can see what appears to be a black rectangle with a very bright object behind it. 

https://www.google.com/sky/

The Planet X / Nibiru conspiracy wackos are saying the black rectangle is google trying to cover up evidence of Nibiru.  fingertap.gif   

Of course... Nibiru is a "dark planet" which is "not visible with normal light."   ohmy.gif

As often as otherwise intelligent people ask me about the whole Nibiru garbage I figured I should have some definitive information.  I thought maybe someone here has an IR setup and has already checked it out, or could post their own pictures here. I would go out in a few hours and take look myself with the C14 / Hyperstar / Atik, and a few filters, but we have nothing but thick clouds tonight here. Besides... I don't know what I'm doing with IR anyways.  

The so-called "square" is an image artifact, likely caused by patching together mosaic-images inaccurately.  You can see such artifacts on either end of M82 and near it as well.

There is nothing here even worthy of conversation.

Edited by Starman1, 13 August 2017 - 05:21 PM.

#17 Starman1

Starman1

Stargeezer

• Vendors

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:19 PM

How about:

1. Constellations

2. Virgo

3. Infra red

?

What alignment?  It isn't planets, since they're still scattered over several constellations.

I suggest you look to astronomy sources for more up to date astronomical information instead of Revelations.

#18 Railrode1

Railrode1

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:46 PM

How about:

1. Constellations

2. Virgo

3. Infra red

?

What alignment?  It isn't planets, since they're still scattered over several constellations.

I suggest you look to astronomy sources for more up to date astronomical information instead of Revelations.

According to the future view of Sky view, this will happen during the daylight  of Sept 23rd .  It's when Jupiter leaves the womb of Virgo after being there 9 months. The alignment matches a description in Revelation chapter 12. Where Jupiter is the child being born,  something  symbolic would devour the child or block sight of it.

#19 Msged2007

Msged2007

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

How about:

1. Constellations

2. Virgo

3. Infra red

?

According to the future view of Sky view, this will happen during the daylight  of Sept 23rd .  It's when Jupiter leaves the womb of Virgo after being there 9 months. The alignment matches a description in Revelation chapter 12. Where Jupiter is the child being born,  something  symbolic would devour the child or block sight of it.

Pull up Stellarium, lock onto Jupiter, turn the constellation lines and art on, turn the atmosphere and ground off, and run the clock forward to September 23, 2017. Exact picture of Revelation 12, verses 1 and 2. Supposedly, this has never happened before with Jupiter hanging out in Virgo for 9+ months due to retrograde motion. Interesting.........

#20 brentwood

brentwood

Aurora

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:13 PM

I looked up this alignment and found myself on a religious website. The article described all this mumbo jumbo and then went on to explain how astronomically, there is NOTHING unusual in this alignment! 

So not just a science site disputing this, but an authority from the 'God Squad' !

#21 Cotts

Cotts

Just Wondering

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why the OP would discuss a region in Virgo in infrared and then give us a link to a region in Ursa Major in visible light.

Dave

#22 Cotts

Cotts

Just Wondering

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

How about:

1. Constellations

2. Virgo

3. Infra red

?

Pull up Stellarium, lock onto Jupiter, turn the constellation lines and art on, turn the atmosphere and ground off, and run the clock forward to September 23, 2017. Exact picture of Revelation 12, verses 1 and 2. Supposedly, this has never happened before with Jupiter hanging out in Virgo for 9+ months due to retrograde motion. Interesting.........

Really?  Here's the King James bible, Rev. 12, v 1 and 2.....

1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

Nothing exact here.  The moon is in Libra, Jupiter is near Spica which is an ear of corn rather than anything to do with birth and the sun is in Leo....

So, no, it's exactly only one thing.  

Dave

#23 t_image

t_image

Gemini

• -----

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

Nothing exact here.

I hate it when you go crushing my astrological hopes with your realism and logical reasoning and keen observation skills Dave.

Thanks a lot!

4.gif

foreheadslap.gif

fingertap.gif

lol.gif

#24 Msged2007

Msged2007

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

How about:

1. Constellations

2. Virgo

3. Infra red

?

Really?  Here's the King James bible, Rev. 12, v 1 and 2.....

1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

Nothing exact here.  The moon is in Libra, Jupiter is near Spica which is an ear of corn rather than anything to do with birth and the sun is in Leo....

So, no, it's exactly only one thing.  

Dave

Run the clock forward on 9/23/17 to almost midnight.....

#25 Msged2007

Msged2007

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

Nothing exact here.

I hate it when you go crushing my astrological hopes with your realism and logical reasoning and keen observation skills Dave.

Thanks a lot!

4.gif

foreheadslap.gif

fingertap.gif

lol.gif

Did you guys not look at the right place? Or time? Go look again. The constellation Virgo, 9/23/17, 11pm-12am (the 24th). It exactly matches Revelation 12:1-2. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics