•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Edge HD1100 reducer thread

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AstroGabe

AstroGabe

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: SE Wisconsin

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:11 AM

If you have an Edge HD1100 0.7x reducer, have you noticed that the male threads are a bit larger than those on the rear of the scope?  I recently took delivery of one and mounted it to the back of the scope just fine.  However, when I put the adapter for my crayford feathertouch on the back, it's incredibly tight.  It threads in maybe 3/4 turn and beyond that it's very tight.  It mounts onto the end of the scope's threads near the flattener element just fine without any tightness.  Any ideas on how to remedy this? 

Thanks for your help

Gabe

#2 rmollise

rmollise

ISS

Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:46 PM

Have you tried something else, like a visual back, on the reducer to make sure it's not your focuser adapter ring?

• AstroGabe likes this

#3 AstroGabe

AstroGabe

Apollo

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: SE Wisconsin

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

Thanks Uncle Rod for the good advice.  I have an old T-adapter that I tried, and it works perfectly.  I'm in contact w/ Starlight Instruments to see what can be done.  

Appreciate the help!

Gabe

#4 Adam E

Adam E

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Edgewood, NM

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

I have the Celestron Edge T Adapter as well as a Baader Click-Lock.  Both thread on to the rear of my Edge11 reducer without issue.  Those are the only two things I have to try.

Edited by Adam E, 18 February 2017 - 01:26 PM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics