•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

MN56 on the Unistar Alt-Az mount(or any other)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 rob cos.

rob cos.

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:08 PM

I'm about to buy this scope based on:

1. Wide field, 2. decent portability, and 3. planetary performance!

My question is, would this scope be comfortable to use on the Unistar Alt-Az mount? If anyone is familiar with this mount, I would love to hear your input! Thanks a bunch.

Rob C.

#2 Ricky

Ricky

Gemini

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:25 PM

Hi Rob and welcome to CN!
I havent much comment on the mount but the MN56 is a great choice of scopes for all the reasons you have specified. I have done some planetary imaging with it and under good seeing conditions planetary images are excellent. It also does a great job w/ dso because it is a`short fl scope. Let us know how you like yours when you get it.

#3 Oldfield

Oldfield

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:00 PM

I have a Unistar Light and it is the simplest mount to use, I love it.

#4 rob cos.

rob cos.

Viking 1

• topic starter

Posted 24 March 2004 - 05:56 AM

I use the Light for my Stellarvue and I love it also. That's why I'm tempted to move up to the Deluxe and put the MN56 on it. A little more grab and go than an Eq mount(although, the mn56 will certainly be a bigger scope than the Stellarvue).

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics