•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First photo with new scope

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

#51 Suk Lee

Suk Lee

Aurora

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

Mark:

It's long been the informal custom on the various CN astrophotography fora to do what Ray described, which is if the poster is obviously new to astrophotography (this is NOT a commentary on lineman_16735's photo skills or his photo!!!!!), others would make suggestions on how to further process and improve the photo. On a personal note, when I was posting, I was so enthusiastic about sharing the stuff I was learning (much of it from lurking on APML) that I'd often "help out" by modding other people's pictures and reposting them, usually with detailed descriptions of what I had done. I think it was appreciated and helped (amongst many others) CN to grow into a great *community*.

Over time, the beginners astrophotography forum came into being and most of that type of activity is taking place over there now.

I'll set up a poll on THIS forum on whether people want the default to be "go ahead and play" or "leave it alone" and you guys decide.

After all, it's your forum, not mine, I just tidy up around here once in a while.

Cheers,
Suk :grouphug:

#52 Suk Lee

Suk Lee

Aurora

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

PS I think it's appropriate to terminate this line of discussion and move it to the poll now, so I'm going to lock this thread. Please vote in the poll and feel free to add your explanations and thoughts to that thread.

Poll going up momentarily.

Thanks,
Suk

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics