Hello! Although I've been doing this for a few years, now, I'm still very much a beginner, especially when it comes to this topic, so I'm posting this here...
I'm looking for information and a recommendation for a laser pointer - can someone help?
I got a green pointer a while ago, but it took weird, blue batteries, and they didn't work more than, dunno, one or two times. Didn't work at all in the cold. Paid $20 for it. Then I found it may have been more than 5 mW, which I've since found out is not good. Got it on E-Bay, can't find the mfg./seller's info., so! Starting from square one again. I've done some research and this is what I've come up with that I THINK I need:
- green, 5 mW, class 3(a?) pointer (seen some that say 3-5 mW, but I'd like the five)
- something that you've used and works well, plus works in the cold. (New England kind of cold, that is!)
- takes lithium batteries (said to work better in the cold)
- Can something that ordinarily takes alkaline batteries take lithium also? I've seen a lot that do take regular alkaline.
- Something made in the USA, or, if none, at least the distributor gives their contact info. and they will work with the distributor on any issues.
- It would be nice if it had a switch on/off (versus push button), as a couple of times when using the one I had, the push button would accidentally be pushed in my pocket or even in my hand.
- I think that's it!
Thanks so much! Terry