•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Bresser long focus refractors: AVAILABLE

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Riccardo_italy

Riccardo_italy

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Italy

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

Here they come, and at a very good price IMHO.

102/1350: https://www.bresser....ly-bresser.html

90/1200: https://www.bresser....e-assembly.html

• Astrojensen, astroneil, precaud and 4 others like this

#2 NEOhio

NEOhio

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

Looks like they would ship to the United States, but if I'm reading it correctly the shipping charges would be more than the scope.

#3 Eric H

Eric H

Viking 1

• Loc: Washougal, WA

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:39 PM

Looks like they would ship to the United States, but if I'm reading it correctly the shipping charges would be more than the scope.

No, they wont. From the site:

There is currently no available shipping method for this country. We will attempt to provide you with a shipping method in the future.

#4 Astrojensen

Astrojensen

Voyager 1

• Loc: Bornholm, Denmark

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

Finally. 

Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark

#5 NEOhio

NEOhio

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Cleveland, Ohio, USA

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:49 PM

There is currently no available shipping method for this country. We will attempt to provide you with a shipping method in the future.

Ok, thanks. I just looked at their general shipping information (not specific to these scopes) and it includes U.S. as a destination option. 

#6 Joe1950

Joe1950

Voyager 1

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:58 PM

Shipping is getting way out of hand. They probably want to cash in big on the increased internet sales with Amazon and others.

• Augustus likes this

#7 Astrojensen

Astrojensen

Voyager 1

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

Shipping is getting way out of hand. They probably want to cash in big on the increased internet sales with Amazon and others.

I don't think Bresser is cashing in on it. I recently had to send a scope to the US and the shipping was horrifyingly expensive. 

Clear skies!

Thomas, Denmark

• Bomber Bob, gfstallin, Joe1950 and 1 other like this

#8 Exnihilo

Exnihilo

Apollo

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:22 PM

So who could sell them in the U.S.?   Meade?

#9 Joe1950

Joe1950

Voyager 1

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

Bressler is under the same ownership as Explore Scientific.

On the ES site, this is the Bressler telescope page.

Maybe it can be purchased through ES. Doubt it, but worth a try. Go on the ES page and use the chat option, if someone is there. It will say "Questions? Chat now" or something like that. If it says "Questions? Leave a message," you may or may not get an answer.

Email is not a good way to contact them.

Plus, right now they are busy with NEAF. If you go there, stop at their exhibit and ask about Bressler.

Edited by Joe1950, 05 April 2017 - 06:58 PM.

#10 Joe1950

Joe1950

Voyager 1

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:04 PM

I don't think Bresser is cashing in on it. I recently had to send a scope to the US and the shipping was horrifyingly expensive. 

Clear skies!

Thomas, Denmark

That burns me up! flame.gif

Always some industry gouging people. It will get to the point where individuals won't be able to afford to have a scope shipped. It's almost that way now.

The dealers must get some kind of volume discount or they wouldn't be able to afford it either.

The playing field is NEVER level.

• AustinAstronomer, Colin exraaf and Bomber Bob like this

#11 deSitter

deSitter

Still in Old School

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

Return of the Vixen 102mm f/13!

-drl

#12 Astrojensen

Astrojensen

Voyager 1

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:17 AM

Return of the Vixen 102mm f/13!

-drl

I liked the aesthetics of the Vixen better, not to mention the Carton 100mm f/13. wink.gif

Still, I'll probably get one soon. I'm eager to test it as a high-power H-alpha solar scope, for which it should be perfect. 

Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark

#13 rogeriomagellan

rogeriomagellan

Surveyor 1

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

Hi, guys.

Maybe it'll be possible to order them from APM or Teleskop-Service in the short run.

As for being available on the ES website for sale, I doubt that any of these optical tube assemblies from Bresser will be there for sale. We've never been able to find either the new Bresser Messier AR102 f/5.9 or the AR102 f/9.8 there, both of them with the new 2.5" Hexagonal (Hexafoc) focuser. 

For those interested in a well-made 102mm f/11, have you taken a look at this one from TS yet?

http://www.teleskop-...Dual-Speed.html

#14 rogeriomagellan

rogeriomagellan

Surveyor 1

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:43 AM

I've just remembered now that Agena Astro used to sell some Bresser items in the past. Maybe if several people start sending them inquiries about the new model, they may get interested in contacting Bresser again.

• Gabby76 likes this

#15 precaud

precaud

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: north central New Mexico

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

Always some industry gouging people. It will get to the point where individuals won't be able to afford to have a scope shipped. It's almost that way now.

For individuals, affordable shipping of large-ish objects between the USA and other developed countries disappeared when the USPS dropped their "surface parcel" shipping options and forced everything to go by air. (I can't remember the year it happened offhand, but it was about 10+ years ago. I sure would like to know the politics behind that decision...) Prices quadrupled or more, and because of it, the retail export part of my business plummeted overnight. There are many items that buyers are willing to wait an extra week for if the transport cost is affordable and reliable. I haven't seen any offerings from freight consolidators or the smaller players which fill that need.  Sigh...

• Joe1950 likes this

#16 daquad

daquad

Vanguard

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

I don't like the looks of the scope.  And not to be nitpicky ( OK, I am), the resolution should be 1.135", not 1.35".  Looks like a typo.  Price is right, though, if you live in Europe.

#17 jring

jring

Messenger

• -----

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

Hi,

actually in germany shipping prices with Deutsche Post / DHL are not too terrible... but it would still cost over 100€ to send a packet up to 20kg plus oversize charges to the US.

Nicely asking ES USA to get a few of these in their regular container from china is certainly preferable ;-)

Joachim

• precaud likes this

#18 precaud

precaud

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Nicely asking ES USA to get a few of these in their regular container from china is certainly preferable ;-)
Yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it? Chances are, there's room in the container for one! Some large retailers (I'm thinking Walmart) have that option; buy it online, and they'll ship it to your local store for free. They have trucks going there daily anyway, so why not?

But for ES, bringing in a new product involves more than just slipping a few in a container. They have to support it, stock parts, handle warranty claims, etc. More than just moving boxes...

• rogeriomagellan likes this

#19 Gabby76

Gabby76

Ranger 4

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

I am looking forward to trying one out in October when I go home.

It would be nice to have them available in North America though.  

• spongebob@55 likes this

#20 precaud

precaud

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:33 PM

I am looking forward to trying one out in October when I go home.

And which one do you have your eye on?

#21 Gabby76

Gabby76

Ranger 4

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

The 102 f/13.2 I have been looking at this or the TS/ Altair 102 f/11 for a few months now.

• AstroKerr likes this

#22 seafury

seafury

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:58 PM

Hi, guys.

Maybe it'll be possible to order them from APM or Teleskop-Service in the short run.

As for being available on the ES website for sale, I doubt that any of these optical tube assemblies from Bresser will be there for sale. We've never been able to find either the new Bresser Messier AR102 f/5.9 or the AR102 f/9.8 there, both of them with the new 2.5" Hexagonal (Hexafoc) focuser. 

For those interested in a well-made 102mm f/11, have you taken a look at this one from TS yet?

http://www.teleskop-...Dual-Speed.html

Hi I think the TS is the same scope as the Lyra Optics that is sold here in the UK, I have one of those and a Bresser 127 both of which appear to be ,in my limited knowledge, nice scopes

cheers Gordon (UK)

#23 jring

jring

Messenger

• -----

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

But for ES, bringing in a new product involves more than just slipping a few in a container. They have to support it, stock parts, handle warranty claims, etc. More than just moving boxes...

Indeed... if enough people ask, it might actually happen. Or wait for TS or APM to carry it, they seem to have a better deal with DHL...

Joachim

#24 rogeriomagellan

rogeriomagellan

Surveyor 1

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Ok, thanks. I just looked at their general shipping information (not specific to these scopes) and it includes U.S. as a destination option. 

Hi.

It can now be ordered from TS and be shipped to the USA:

http://www.teleskop-...e-Assembly.html

Edited by rogeriomagellan, 03 May 2017 - 08:47 PM.

• Bomber Bob likes this

#25 rogeriomagellan

rogeriomagellan

Surveyor 1

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:48 PM

The new Bresser achromatic refractors is now available for shipping to the USA at TS:

http://www.teleskop-...e-Assembly.html

I hope this helps.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics