•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Bresser long focus refractors: AVAILABLE

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 rogeriomagellan

rogeriomagellan

Surveyor 1

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:50 PM

Nicely asking ES USA to get a few of these in their regular container from china is certainly preferable ;-)
Yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it? Chances are, there's room in the container for one! Some large retailers (I'm thinking Walmart) have that option; buy it online, and they'll ship it to your local store for free. They have trucks going there daily anyway, so why not?

But for ES, bringing in a new product involves more than just slipping a few in a container. They have to support it, stock parts, handle warranty claims, etc. More than just moving boxes...

It can be ordered and shipped to the USA here:

http://www.teleskop-...e-Assembly.html

• T1R2 likes this

#27 Sockrateez

Sockrateez

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:59 PM

What about this one?  A little shorter, more money.  Seems to have a better focuser and retractable dew shield.  Optically different?

http://www.teleskop-...Dual-Speed.html

• T1R2 likes this

#28 rogeriomagellan

rogeriomagellan

Surveyor 1

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

What about this one?  A little shorter, more money.  Seems to have a better focuser and retractable dew shield.  Optically different?

http://www.teleskop-...Dual-Speed.html

Hi.

I've seen that tube before. I've been eyeing it for about a year and a half. It is really well-made. I like the tube's fit-and-finish. However, it has less focal ratio than the new Bresser model.

Bear in mind that the sales price is just for the OTA. No accessories included.

#29 BinoGuy

BinoGuy

Viking 1

• Loc: Michigan

Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

I recently had to send a scope to the US and the shipping was horrifyingly expensive. 

Clear skies!

Thomas, Denmark

Ohh, one of your 100 year old scopes???  Do tell.

#30 glend

glend

Surveyor 1

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:29 PM

Yes TS have them, and BTW Bresser is not owned by ES. Bresser is an old european brand, who just so happen to buy their scopes from the factory that makes the ES equipment, but in many cases Bresser scopes have different specs. The very nice Bresser 152S is a great fast narrowband imaging scope, i had one for several years, long before ES started picking up on what Bresser was doing.

https://www.teleskop...60-mm--OTA.html

The Hexafoc focusers are strong enough for imaging but I don't think I would try that with an f13, unless it was for planetary high frame rate lucky imaging.

• Gabby76 likes this

#31 Astrojensen

Astrojensen

Voyager 1

• Loc: Bornholm, Denmark

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

Ohh, one of your 100 year old scopes???  Do tell.

No, not one of those. 

Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark

#32 BillP

BillP

ISS

• Vendors
  • Loc: Spotsylvania, VA

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

I'm surprised that the 90mm only comes with a 1.25" focuser!  That was the one I preferred but no way!

#33 Astrojensen

Astrojensen

Voyager 1

• Loc: Bornholm, Denmark

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

These Bresser refractors have plastic lens cells. Some of them seems to have had quite a few issues with maintaining alignment. Right now, I'd stay away from them.

There's a thread on German astrotreff.de about possibly refitting them with ATM-made metal lens cells to fix the issue. The German spokesman for Bresser seems to be involved in fixing the issues. Several people have argued that Bresser should use a metal cell instead and raise the price, because this is a niche product in any case and that people who really want it wouldn't mind spending another 50 euros on it and I agree with that. 

Clear skies!
Thomas, Denmark

• memento and rogeriomagellan like this

#34 jring

jring

Messenger

• -----

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

...and BTW Bresser is not owned by ES. Bresser is an old european brand, who just so happen to buy their scopes from the factory that makes the ES equipment, but in many cases Bresser scopes have different specs. The very nice Bresser 152S is a great fast narrowband imaging scope, i had one for several years, long before ES started picking up on what Bresser was doing.

Hi,

while it is correct, that Bresser sells scopes under their own label as well as Explore Scientific (and others), both Explore Scientific and Bresser are part of JOC-Group (Jinghua Optical Corporation, Guangzhou, China).

Joachim

#35 Exnihilo

Exnihilo

Apollo

• Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

What's Jupiter/Saturn like in them?

#36 daquad

daquad

Vanguard

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

Hi.

I've seen that tube before. I've been eyeing it for about a year and a half. It is really well-made. I like the tube's fit-and-finish. However, it has less focal ratio than the new Bresser model.

Bear in mind that the sales price is just for the OTA. No accessories included.

That looks like the Astro-Telescope 4" f/11 that Stellarvue used to sell.  Made by Kunming.  I had one from Hands on Optics with an excellent R&P focuser.  If it had a R&P focuser, I might consider buying it again.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics