•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How are you preparing for the total eclipse?

ATM astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 jcruse64

jcruse64

Viking 1

• Loc: Paducah, KY USA

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:49 AM

Gordon, FYI, and props to you; I just saw a MSN article on the eclipse, and they mention your app, with a link to it. Well done!!

http://www.msn.com/e...XeU7?li=BBnbfcL

Joe

#52 REC

REC

Voyager 1

• Loc: NC

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:30 AM

Gordon, FYI, and props to you; I just saw a MSN article on the eclipse, and they mention your app, with a link to it. Well done!!

http://www.msn.com/e...XeU7?li=BBnbfcL

Joe

I saw an article on the first page of MSN today. Last night, CBS had a report about this tiny little town in OR that is dead center of the path and will be overwhelmed that weekend.

#53 Glenn Graham

Glenn Graham

Mariner 2

• Loc: Beaverton, Oregon

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:28 AM

I saw an article on the first page of MSN today. Last night, CBS had a report about this tiny little town in OR that is dead center of the path and will be overwhelmed that weekend.

Maybe I missed the one from OR but I saw a really nice story CBS did on Makanda, Illinois yesterday.

#54 nimbulan

nimbulan

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

I just bought a Celestron NexStar 102 SLT, a sheet of Baader film, and a DSLR adapter for it.  I'm hoping to be able to borrow a laptop for the eclipse to automate the camera so I won't drive myself crazy trying to take pictures and watch at the same time.

#55 REC

REC

Voyager 1

• Loc: NC

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:27 AM

Maybe I missed the one from OR but I saw a really nice story CBS did on Makanda, Illinois yesterday.

Oops, your right, Makanda! They showed the locals selling eclipse jewelry ect. I recorded the show, so will have to go back and watch it. I suspect our local news teams (Charlotte) will be doing similar stories in and around Colombia, SC before too long.

#56 Casmith1228

Casmith1228

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:22 PM

Didn't see the report, and maybe they mentioned it. But Makanda is the sweet spot that gets a TSE in both 2017 and 2024. 

#57 jtsenghas

jtsenghas

Aurora

• Loc: The flatlands of Northwest Ohio 41.11N --Bloomdale

Posted 10 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

Umbraphiles unite! 

I made a Baader film filter for my refractor over the weekend. It works great!  I show it here.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ATM, astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics