•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

KStars 2.7.7 is released for Windows, Mac, and Linux

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76 knro

knro

StellarMate

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Kuwait

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:32 AM

I just got back word from Andy over at PHD2 and I was informed that SX AO is not supported in PHD2 yet neither natively nor with INDI driver. Regarding guiding, you can give Ekos internal guider a go and see if that works for you. If not, you can use PHD2. So at the time being, it doesn't appear that is support for AO (drivers exists, but software is not utilizing it), but this might change in the future.

#77 drmikevt

drmikevt

Viking 1

• Loc: Burlington, VT

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:33 AM

I just got back word from Andy over at PHD2 and I was informed that SX AO is not supported in PHD2 yet neither natively nor with INDI driver. Regarding guiding, you can give Ekos internal guider a go and see if that works for you. If not, you can use PHD2. So at the time being, it doesn't appear that is support for AO (drivers exists, but software is not utilizing it), but this might change in the future.

Thank you for checking.  I guess I'm back to waiting -it was a little exciting there for a moment.

It is confusing, though, because on page 8 of the current PHD2 manual, it says this:  "Adaptive Optics and Rotator Selections

With PHD2, you now have the option of controlling the StarlightXpress adaptive optics unit and/or any of several ASCOM-compatible camera rotators. These can be specified by clicking on the 'More Equipment..." button in the above dialog:"

#78 knro

knro

StellarMate

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Kuwait

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:59 AM

KStars 2.8.9 is released with several new features and bug fixes including greatly improved integration with PHD2. Find out more and download the latest version from here:

http://knro.blogspot...s-released.html

#79 obrazell

obrazell

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

There may be an issue with the Windows version of this 2.8.9 release. If you go to Tools -> Sky Almanac and plot say Jupiter and Mars the program crashes, at least for me. This is on Windows 10.

Owen

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics