ClickLocks, eyepiece holders which makes many troubles to me, I never like them.
Thats why I like most Baader Helicall system.
Baader ClickLock vs Baader Helical (thats what mine experience says, and experience with some of ClickLock reported users):
1. eyepieces often cant get inside ClickLocks, because 2 rollers on holder/holders stucks inside, which is NEVER case for Helicals
2. ClickLocks are not self centring as they claimed before (dont know how they claim now), and by changing IPD in them, you change collimation a bit
3. collimation can NOT be finely adjusted with ClickLocks, while CAN be done with Helicals easily
4. you CAN NOT adjust diopters once eyepieces are locked in ClickLocks, while you CAN DO IT EASILY with Helicals
5. ClickLocks can never hold eyepieces locked strong in place like Helicals can do
6. ClickLocks are much more priced (double price of Helicals)
7. ClickLocks takes more precious light path vs Helicals
8. ClickLocks are much heavier vs Helicals
9. sometimes eyepieces get stuck inside ClickLocks, which is never case with Helicals
10. in some cases, when locking and/or unclocking eyepieces installed in ClickLocks, due force needed, observer can shift whole telescope and/or binoviewer setup, which is last thing you want, what is never case with Helicals
11. in some cases, eyepieces can fall down from ClickLocks even eyepieces are locked max strong (VERY dangerous), which is never case in well locked Helicals even using just 1 screw for lock
So, there are absolute ZERO reasons I would take ClickLocks over Helicals.
Edited by denis0007dl, 10 August 2019 - 03:34 AM.