•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Solar Eclipse 2017 - Vendor Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 nmoushon

nmoushon

Apollo

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wenatchee Valley, WA

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:05 AM

To all Vendors:

The Admins have decided to come up with relaxed vendor rules for this forum only (North American Total Solar Eclipse 2017). Everywhere else on CN the standard vendor rules have stayed the same. Please read, and re-read, the new rules below:

"Due to the special and temporary nature of this forum the Administrators have agreed to relax the vendor posting rules in this forum only. Vendors are allowed to participate in any discussion on any topic and any product but they are expected to be courteous, objective, and non-promotional. Attempts to skirt these rules will result in an immediate ban. Be adults. These special rules will expire when this forum is archived, or sooner if this extraordinary privilege is abused. The Vendor rules found in the Terms of Service still apply in all other fora of Cloudy Nights.

The moderators of this forum will create a vendor thread, wherein each vendor with 2017 eclipse-related products will be allowed a single post containing a (roughly 500 words & this is left up to the moderators discretion ) description of their products and which may direct the reader's attention to a link in the vendor's signature. Contact a moderator of this forum to arrange having your post included."

If you have any questions on the above please ask an Admin or Mod of this forum.

So this thread is where all vendors will post there brief product descriptions. This will works as follows:

We, the mods, will open this thread up for vendors to post their product description every Sunday for approx. 24 hrs for the next month. It will be locked every other day of the week. This is to allow us mods to properly manage, not only this thread, but this whole forum. Theres enough for us to do every day that we can't handle an open and every changing thread that is so not the "standard" thread. After the month is open the thread will remain locked permanently. If a vendor misses posting his post in that month they can contact a mod to schedule a time where both (the vendor and a mod) are on at the same time so that the thread can be unlocked long enough for the vendor to make his post and then locked again. We will not be allowing changes/edits to your post so please make sure to say what you want the first time.

If you have any questions as to how this thread will work please please please contact a mod.

-Your North American Total Solar Eclipse 2017 moderator team

#2 nmoushon

nmoushon

Apollo

• Moderators
  • topic starter

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

Sorry for the late opening. The Vendor Thread is now open to Vendors to post their brief comment. If you are not a vendor please do not post in this thread. If you have questions on anything please PM the Vendor directly.

#3 nmoushon

nmoushon

Apollo

• Moderators
  • topic starter

Posted 29 May 2017 - 07:11 AM

First I want to say sorry to all the Vendors. I thought it would be easy to keep this open for one day a week and I can't even find the time to do that. So I will be leaving this open from now on and hopefully, everyone plays by the rules. If it gets out of hand then I will lock it again. Sorry again for missing the window date. 

#4 foxwoodastronomy

foxwoodastronomy

Vendor - Solar Eclipse Timer

• Vendors
  • Loc: Alabama

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:48 AM

As you know from the photography threads I have started, solar eclipses are my passion.

My Solar Eclipse Timer app is truly unique in its function.  Because it was developed by me, and based on my experience, I know exactly what is helpful to observe and photograph a total solar eclipse.  The final versions are available.

First, it has simplicity!  It is a 2 tap setup once you are in the path!
1st tap - GPS location functions automatically find your location, then the app calculates your contact times and max eclipse.  2nd tap - it loads the 4 eclipse contact times into the timers.  In then "talks" you through the eclipse.  The calculations do not require an internet connection, the formula is located in the app itself!
These are the unique features in this app:
Voice countdowns guide you precisely to the contact times.  No need to look down at your watch.
Announcements are made at the proper times to tell you to observe for interesting things during the partial phases, such as the temperature drop, lighting changes, animal behavior and shadow bands.
Reminds you to look at the horizon after max eclipse.
The app also tells you when it is safe to take your solar glasses off and then when you must put them back on.
To practice your plan for photography, the app has a demo session that plays a totality movie synchronized with the timers (unique to my app).
The app includes a calculator that lists the times you use to take a sequence of partial phase images that creates a beautiful sequence of the phases just like the professional photographers!  To my knowledge, I am the only person who has provided this feature in a mobile app.
The app includes an extensive help file detailing the use of all of its unique features. The help file also includes eclipse day checklists and educational information about the partial phase phenomena.
Features:
Automatic "Wake From Screen Lock" Notifications For All Of The Important Eclipse Events
Automatic GPS Geolocation
Automatic Contact Time Calculation
Automatic Totality Duration Countdown Timer
Automatic Contact Time Loading Into The Timers
Automatic Conversion To Your Local Time Zone (from UTC)
Partial Phase Phenomena Observation Reminders
Precise Countdowns To The Contact Times
Max Eclipse Alert
Horizon Observation Reminder
Announcements For Solar Glasses Off And Solar Glasses On
Compressed Eclipse Demo Program For Device Testing
Totality Photography Practice Demo Program With Totality Video - Special Feature Of My App.
Partial Phase Image Sequence Calculator (and you can download the time worksheet from my website).
Path Of Totality Hyperlinks
Eclipse Data File Saving Ability
Extensive Help File

Gordon

Edited by nmoushon, 02 June 2017 - 08:48 PM.

#5 nmoushon

nmoushon

Apollo

• Moderators
  • topic starter

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:34 PM

I have updated the following wording of the Vendor Forum Rules to read as such:

"The moderators of this forum will create a vendor thread, wherein each vendor with 2017 eclipse-related products will be allowed a single post containing a (roughly 500 words & this is left up to the moderators discretion ) description of their products and which may direct the reader's attention to a link in the vendor's signature. Contact a moderator of this forum to arrange having your post included."

*Bolded text is what has changed. 

Thank you,

#6 FXM

FXM

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southeastern, PA

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:19 PM

Hello

Looking for a some eclipse memorabilia? We are offering two designs on a variety of items.

• T-Shirts
  • Coffee Mugs
  • Buttons
  • Christmas Ornament
  • Postcards, these are very popular now that the Total Solar Eclipse stamp has been released by the U.S Post Office. I plan on mailing a couple of the postcards back home from the viewing site as souvenirs.

Please stop on by and take a look. The site will run different discounts each week so you can save on items.

https://www.zazzle.com/2017eclipsegear

Thanks for looking.

Good luck to everyone heading out to see the eclipse!

#7 Cary

Cary

Vendor (Optic Wave Labs)

• ****-
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Rancho Cordova, CA

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

Farpoint still has a respectable stock of eclipse glass in stock and will be shipping them until Wednesday morning (August 16th).

https://farpointastr...iewing-goggles/

If you are interested in a bulk order, please email Doug at "doug@farpointastro.com"

Thanks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics