•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

A General Observation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Robert70

Robert70

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: The Garden State: NJ

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

Brought the ETX-70AT out for a quick view of Jupiter. ES 11mm with the ES 2X focal extender..very pleasing view. North and South bands visible with rust color..I find it best to hover above the eyepiece for steadiest view.  

#2 ascii

ascii

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Orlando, FL, USA

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:10 AM

Jupiter is the only thing I've had much of a chance to observe with my new scope (ProED 100) the past few weeks.  It's one of the few objects bright and easy enough to find through the sucker holes in the clouds.  I'm not complaining about Jupiter, mind you.  It's been fabulous to observe.  I just wish I could get some more truly clear nights.

#3 aeajr

aeajr

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Long Island, New York, USA

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:30 PM

I had some amazing nights of seeing a few weeks ago.   Enjoyed them with my XT8i Dob, my Badder Hyperion 8-24 Zoom and a 2X barlow.   Great sessions.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics