The idea is to have a perpetual thread that is dedicated for live broadcast announcements of the eclipse. We would want only broadcast announcements posted. The following requirements and suggestions are recommended in order to keep the thread on track. Ideally there would be a single post/announcement for each broadcast, and that one post would be updated as guided by the suggestions that follow.
Requirements for broadcast posters:
- Post equipment details that will be used for the broadcast so people have an idea of what to expect.
- Post a link to the broadcast in the thread (don't rely on the sig as the mobile site doesn't display signatures).
- Post the estimated start time.
- If the broadcaster is going to post any follow ups, please do so in a separate thread, the broadcast post can be updated with the link to the relevant thread or post, or if editing isn't possible the broadcaster can reply to their announcement with follow up information.
Suggestions for broadcast posters:
- Post any prediction as to the likelihood of the broadcast would also help, maybe say low, medium, or high likelihood.
- When the broadcast comes online please edit the broadcast post to say so if possible or post a reply to the original post.
- When the broadcast finishes please edit the broadcast post to say so if possible or post a reply to the original post.
- Edit the broadcast post if possible or post a reply to the original post to answer any questions that were PMed that you'd like to share with others.
Requirements for viewers:
- If you have questions for the broadcaster do it via PM if there is no other way of contacting them. If it's something that others should know about the broadcaster can update their post.
- If you viewed the broadcast and want to give positive feedback please like the broadcast post and do not add posts, if there is something extraordinary to discuss a new separate thread should be started. This is a good way for broadcasters to know that people on CN are watching.
- Do not add posts unless you are going to broadcast. Please keep all side discussions (even if relevant to broadcasting) in a separate thread.
As long as the link/broadcast announcement meets the CN TOS, there are no rules proposed here about where/how broadcasters operate, this means the thread is open to anyone able to post on CN, and of course since CN does not require registration to view threads anyone can see the announcements. This will include equipment demos/discussions as well as live targets, for example you could broadcast live setting up and using your equipment prior to the eclipse or live talks leading up to the eclipse.