•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Please recommend Eyepiece

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 March 2004 - 11:36 AM

I just ordered a Wiliams Optics 2 inch diagonal for my 8 inch LX10. Could someone recommend a 2 EP that is under 200 dollars?

#2 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 March 2004 - 11:41 AM

How about the Orion DeepView? Only 75 bucks. No good? or the Antares Erfle 32mm?

#3 Echo

Echo

Gemini

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:09 PM

I like my UO Konig MK-70. Here is a link:
http://tinyurl.com/3bl3o

Erfles are also nice:
http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_eeep.htm

I recently got a chance to directly compare a 40mm Optiluxe to my UO Konig. The konig had better eyerelief but this was a nice eyepiece for the money:
http://www.telescope...DUCT&itemID=231

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:18 PM

I read the Konig 40mm was great, sharper images further out than the Erfles. thanks for the link! Is the regular 32mm or 40mm Konig good?

#5 Echo

Echo

Gemini

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:01 PM

I haven't looked through them but have heard good things about them.

#6 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:23 PM

they apparantly are the same the cheaper ones have a 60 degree field of view instead of a 70. Is this a big deal? Is that 10 degree difference worth 70 bucks? My wife has been giving me real mean looks, but I am no girly man, if I need the Konig MK-70 I'm going to order it!

#7 Echo

Echo

Gemini

Posted 26 March 2004 - 02:03 PM

You don't have to buy everything all at once. I used my basic plossls for two years before buying anything else. I am glad I waited as know what I like to look at now and where my money really needs to be spent. Just a thought!

#8 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 26 March 2004 - 02:21 PM

I just ordered a Wiliams Optics 2 inch diagonal for my 8 inch LX10. Could someone recommend a 2 EP that is under 200 dollars?

The good news is that any decent widefield eyepiece is going to do well in that telescope; at F/10 you won't need anything expensive. The difficult trick is to make a widefield eyepiece that will also work well in faster systems.

I've used the Antares Erfles in SCT's and they give very pleasing views for a modest price.

#9 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 March 2004 - 03:56 PM

No, Echo, I need need need now now now I just have to get this EP and I will be all set for a long time,at least a week

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics