•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Econoline Lumicon Filters

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lumicon

Lumicon

Vendor

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Gold River, California

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

Lumicon is announcing a new line of filters, our Econoline filters. These filters are priced VERY competitively but they still perform admirably. Our first Econoline filter, a 2" OIII filter, is available today for only $99.00. Yes, only $99.00 for a two inch filter, the same price as you would pay for a regular Lumicon 1.25 OIII filter!

The Lumicon Econoline filters made using the same deposition processes as our regular Lumicon filters and the quality is high. The Econoline filters save money by having fewer deposition layers. The minimum Peak Transmission of the Econoline 2" OIII filter is 80%. We typically see 85-90% transmission when we scan them. For comparison, the minimum Peak Transmission for our regular line of Lumicon OIII filters is 90% and we typically see 93-94% transmission when we scan them.

The Lumicon Econoline 2 inch OIII filter is not yet available on the web so (for the moment) you (our Cloudy Nights fans) are the only ones who know about this. Call or email Lumicon to place your order.

Doug Williams
Lumicon Sales Manager
http://www.lumicon.com
Email: doug@lumicon.com
11358 Amalgam Way, Suite A1
Gold River, CA 95670
Toll Free: (877) 623-4021
Phone: (916) 671-5735

EconoOIII-1600x1200.jpg

Edited by Lumicon, 12 June 2017 - 03:09 PM.

• Deven Matlick, Lightning, REC and 2 others like this

#2 DmitriNet

DmitriNet

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

To what precision the flat surfaces are manufactured?

#3 Lumicon

Lumicon

Vendor

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:40 PM

1/4 wave on the surface.

Doug at Lumicon

#4 havasman

havasman

Cosmos

• ****-
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

This seems an odd strategy for a  marque very closely identified with top rank performance and under some consumer scrutiny after their recent acquisition following a period of turbulence.

Edited by havasman, 19 June 2017 - 12:29 AM.

• Traveler likes this

#5 Lumicon

Lumicon

Vendor

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

We plan to maintain the high quality of our mainline Lumicon filters. That is our main emphasis. But that makes it impossible for us to sell them at a price that can compete with the much lower quality filters (usually Chinese) that are selling at very low prices. So we are introducing the Econoline line of filters to compete with the low cost filters. Our plan for the Econoline filters is to make filters that are much better than the junk out there for a price that is only a little higher than the junk price.

Again, we are trying to inject some honesty into the filter market. That is why we offer to scan any filter that you mail to us (Lumicon or not) for free. We will send you the scan results, which will speak for themselves.

Doug at Lumicon 

• russell23 and havasman like this

#6 havasman

havasman

Cosmos

• ****-
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

It seems that you know your market better than I do - no surprise there at all. Yes, there are filters available that just don't work and they are cheap. I hope that your new line can help clean some of that up. I'm glad I pressed you a bit on the matter because your answer rings true and is instructive. I hope your new line is successful.

Now, I need to go pack up for a dark site trip where tonight I will use my Lumicon filters to view various PN's becoming available this time of year.

#7 icecreamcat

icecreamcat

Vendor (Skybender)

• Loc: Illinois usa

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:34 AM

Do you do custom filter orders?  I can be a very valuable distributor if you are willing to produce for me.

currently I use semrock and chroma for custom orders, but willing to search more options.  I need 1nm hard coated filters. 

#8 Lumicon

Lumicon

Vendor

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

And...here it is at last! The new Lumicon Econoline 2" OIII filter. Only $99.00 for a two inch! Half the usual price!

https://lumicon.com/...e-oxygen-iii-2/

Doug

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics