•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

How to create a Corona Image like this?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 retina boy

retina boy

Messenger

• Loc: Bryan, Texas

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

Dr Druckmüller discusses the need for flat fields for normalize images in his instructions for TSE 2009.

http://www.zam.fme.v...nstructions.pdf

I am familiar with taking dawn/dusk flats but this is something else altogether.  Other than flipping a piece of white cloth over the end of the scope, does anyone have a clue how to make flat field images right after the eclipse?  It seems that anything one would do would have very poor uniformity.  I have an EL panel but that would be a challenge to use in middle of the day.

#27 pbandurian

pbandurian

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:59 PM

Miloslav Druckmüller advertises that he uses the following software: Astro D3F 2.0, PhaseCorr 6.0, LDIC 5.0, Corona 4.1, Sofo ACC 6.1. Has anyone any idea how to get hold of any of this software? Thanks.

Cheers, Peter

#28 dghundt

dghundt

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:16 AM

You can't and you don't need it either.
You can create a better looking more natural composite using Fred Espanek's old tutorial. He references a link to the original article in his 2017 Eclipse blog. My two cents.

#29 Luna-tic

Luna-tic

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Foothills North Carolina

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:30 PM

That's a beautiful image, but looks less like a solar eclipse as it does the Moon on fire.

#30 SteveRosenow

SteveRosenow

Apollo

• Loc: Shelton, Washington

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:34 PM

That's a beautiful image, but looks less like a solar eclipse as it does the Moon on fire.

Not really. During the 2017 eclipse I had a brief glimpse of it through one of my telescope's finder scopes and a 5-inch Newtonian.

The view was close, if not almost identical to, Druckmuller's eclipse images.

You can't and you don't need it either.
You can create a better looking more natural composite using Fred Espanek's old tutorial. He references a link to the original article in his 2017 Eclipse blog. My two cents.

IMO, Druckmuller's approach comes closer to what an eclipse looks like through a telescope, compared to Espenak's naked eye routine. 

#31 StarmanDan

StarmanDan

Aurora

• Loc: Where the stars at night are big and bright...

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

Here you go:

http://www.russellbr.../tips_tech.html

Russel Brown's eclipse techniques using radial blur and layers.  Second tutorial down.

Here's what I came up with using my images.  Neglected to use RAW unfortunately so not the best it could be, but for never having done any kind of total eclipse processing, I don't think I did too bad.

Attached Files

• SteveRosenow and Cajundaddy like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics