•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Orion SSG3 camera suit crashing, help!

astrophotography ccd Orion
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 star chaser

star chaser

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

I have an Orion SSG-3 monochrome CCD and have downloaded  the Orion Camera Suit along with the latest ASCOM driver to my dedicated PC ( I am a MAC guy). Lately the software keeps crashing. I connect the CCD and choose single shot to get my focus. It takes the shot as it should but instead of downloading it to the computer it pauses and I get an error saying that the object it not valid and it hangs up and will not recognize further input. The only way that I can get it to work (sometimes) is to reboot the computer. Any ideas on what is wrong and how I can fix it??? Thanks.

#2 nubycakes

nubycakes

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Stephens City VA, USA

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

did you try a different USB port? also it could be a cable issue.

#3 GaryCurran

GaryCurran

Vanguard

• Loc: Poulsbo, Washington

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

Have you downloaded the latest version of the Camera Control Suite?  I think it's 1.8.x

Uninstall and then reinstall the software, preferably to a new location.  Yeah, it's probably a Windows thing, something we Windoze users get used to.

#4 star chaser

star chaser

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for responding to my query.

Yes I have downloaded the latest edition of Orion Camera Suit (1.8), but I have not tried deleting then reinstalling. Will give it a try.

I have not tried a different USB port but will. I will take these suggestions and run with it and see what happens. Thanks!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, ccd, Orion

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics