•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

The AZ8 mount is finally up and on line

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dan56

Dan56

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sheridan Wy

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

This plan started over a year ago, a small low power refractor with wide views on one side. Something bigger on the other. Televue 85 was the pick for one but the other has been the hold up. Had a 127mm refractor but sold it, not enough jump from the 85. Money came into play and settled for now, on a 9.25 sct. After getting some shuttering out of the mount a week or so ago, I got to load it up for first time the other night. It  handled the combo to my  satisfaction. In fact I wonder if it could take a 11 sct? Probably not crazy.gif . I practiced on M13 to get both scopes in line, close but think I can do better. It was nice to compare a 85 refractor at 100x to a 9.25 at 111x.

How close can I hope to get them in line? What have you guys done? Now a 35 panoptic in the 85 works as the finder for the sct when I want to look at something dimmer, with just a small touch of the slow motion control. 

Anyway happy with the mount

Dan

• North of Sixty likes this

#2 Xeroid

Xeroid

Viking 1

• Loc: USA

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

Dan56,

Any thoughts about adding Encoders/sky Safari to the AZ8?

#3 Hyak

Hyak

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Austin, TX

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for posting, I'm definitely going to get one of those. 

#4 Dan56

Dan56

Vostok 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Sheridan Wy

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

Dan56,

Any thoughts about adding Encoders/sky Safari to the AZ8?

Actually the thought never entered my mind until Luxo ll put up a post a few weeks ago showing what Astro Devices had for this mount. Got on their site, read their instructions and saw I could even do it. My money is GONE. I have also been trying to get my Mark V binoviewers up and going. Last piece  to hook it all up, coming this week. So the encoders will have to wait.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics