•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

6in Dall-Kirkham

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#126 Matthew Paul

Matthew Paul

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Orange County, New York

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:44 PM

I silvered the secondary and then assembled and collimated the scope this evening. Star test shows 1/3 to 1/4 wave under. About what I would have expected now that the secondary is good and the primary showed slightly undercorrected with the Bath. 

In the next week I hope to test it against the flat in autocollimation, verify that the two mirrors combined are smooth, and then add a bit more correction. 

• TG and Garyth64 like this

#127 Matthew Paul

Matthew Paul

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:08 PM

Just a little sample image from last night with the DK. I still do not have a primary or secondary baffle made, the silvering is horrible, The primary still needs some work, and it's undermounted. Looks like a promising telescope, especially since it is not finished yet, and there is not even a primary baffle. 

MVI_8338-3.jpg

• TG, davidc135, Garyth64 and 3 others like this

#128 Matthew Paul

Matthew Paul

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 September 2020 - 11:08 AM

I still have not had the chance to machine the baffles or test the scope through Autocollimation. It still has the poor silvering job, etc.. The image is a little out of focus but I set the position of the secondary to give the proper back focus. The collimation is a bit off as there is some on axis coma, so I'll have to work on that. A little at a time... 

MVI_8341-3.jpg

• Garyth64 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics