•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

help to get the best out of QHY163C

astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marco Prunotto

Marco Prunotto

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Delemont, Switzerland

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

I'm having difficulties in getting the best out of my qhy163C since new to one shot color sensor. could you help me with some suggestions on exposure time, gain and offset and color balance?

would terribly appreciate
Marco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 OleCuss

OleCuss

Apollo

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

I'm sorry we have not yet helped you.  I've not used that particular camera so I may not be of great help but if you could give us a little more information perhaps someone could help you out a bit more?

It would be helpful to know what telescope you are using with the camera, what mount you are using, what your target is, and what you have tried so far.  If you could attach an image to show us the results you have achieved so far that could be very beneficial.  Telling us what you do not like about your results so far could be helpful.

Hopefully with that information we will be able to help you.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics