•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

saving images direct to the in camera chip in SGP and BYN?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobzeq25

bobzeq25

Cosmos

• topic starter

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

How do I do that?  For the eclipse I simply can't wait the time needed to download them to the PC.

#2 ChrisWhite

ChrisWhite

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Colchester, VT

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Why not skip sgp? Just use a remote trigger. You could bracket your shots as well, which I think would be essential for this.

Edited by ChrisWhite, 17 July 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#3 Alex McConahay

Alex McConahay

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Moreno Valley, CA

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

And, while using your remote trigger, remember that if you go to fast, you will run into buffering. Of course, you should discover that during an early practice run------of which you should have many over the next month.

Alex

#4 AKHalea

AKHalea

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

Why not skip SGP and other paraphernalia and just use the built in intervalometer? I tried a test run during the last few days and spaced out taking 1/2000 sec images (with Baader solar filter) and 5 min between shots and the test was successful.

Of course, that will not work for totality and you may then want to set the intervalometer to taking shots every 5 seconds which will also allow enough time to read to the internal memory card. Unless of course, you were asking a different or more sophisticated question that went over my head :-)  .... Anil

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics