•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

How do I balance this thing?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 March 2004 - 10:27 PM

I took my LX10 out tonight and I found out that the scope swings slowly to one side in RA now that I put a 8x50 right angle finder on it. How do I balance this? I don't see how putting a weight centered underneath the scope is going to do it, and this seems to be how most balancing kits do it. Could someone tell me the best way to balance this scope? If you have a SCT with a larger finder on it you'll understand my problem. If I want my motor drive to track I need to leave the RA lock unlocked but I can't with this finder on the scope :confused:

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:18 PM

That degree of imbalance shouldn't be a problem. On LX3's and LX200's, the RA lock must be engaged for them to track. Are you sure the LX10 needs it unlocked?

#3 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:58 PM

I"ll have to check, if it needs to be locked then your right and I'll be ok. This was probbaly a dumb question, should have checked first

#4 Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*

Guest_**DONOTDELETE**_*
  • -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 March 2004 - 10:03 PM

You could add another 8x50 to the right hand side. There are screws for it... then you should be balanced again!

Just a thought!

hee hee

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics