•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Lunt 60 with upgraded Blocking filter Eclipse testing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 edsplace

edsplace

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

I sent my Blocking filter to Lunt for a 12mm upgrade.  The results were incredible. I had very bad newton ring problems.  They are now gone, and my tilt adapter not needed with my ASI 120mm.  I also am able to focal reduce down to a full disk with the ASI120mm below are the results. I am not sure why Lunt would even sell a BF600 blocking filter.  With eyepieces the scope works much better. The vignetting was horrible with the BF600.  Anyway.  Below are some quick full disk images.  Straight off AS2! convulsion and layered in PS.

One is an negative disk, the other I tried to apply a positive disk with black background... tougher than I thought it would be.  Anyway I hope to geta good time lapse of the eclipse.

Attached Thumbnails

• Sol 120817 .jpg

• edremy and sink45ny like this

#2 edsplace

edsplace

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

The other image

Attached Thumbnails

• Sol 120817-2.jpg

• sink45ny likes this

#3 ismosi

ismosi

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: New London, Pennsylvania, USA

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

Nice shots! When I was at NEAF looking for a solar scope, the Lunt representative said if you're doing imaging then you want the B1200, otherwise the 600 would suffice. It's all a matter of cost.

I'm planning to use my Lunt for a time lapse as well with my ASI174MM. I haven't quite settled on an interval ..

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics