Working on a different stack taken w/ a 135mm.
The good and inspiring news - Rays out to 5-6 solar diameters.
The really PAINFUL NEWS - High thin clouds that were not visible until stretching
(stacking multiple exposures in the same subgroup (8s, 4s not too bad, but after that it's REALLY fun when you try with that stuff )
Have been making some progress, but this will be taking a while - figure about 1-2 months between family stuff and learning what I am doing.
Added an example (8s, iso 100 (2 exposures))cloudsnrays.jpg
Been chipping away and figured I'd share some tweaks:
- all the below has been in Linux / Fits so far, will probably have to switch to windows for 32 bit manipulation as an HDR...
- AstroPixelProcessor (the one I was willing to afford and it does have some very nice tools (but no good way to align eclipse pics that I have found yet...)
But I found the black point slider and got most of the junk out @ the low end.
Also did some DDP on all the images to bring out details (CAREFULLY (enough I hope)
After the fact darks and flats sometimes did more harm than good so left them off in processing the faster exposured (< .5 seconds)
- I had 3 cycles of eclipse pictures to manipulate and after I did each set of exposures for a given time - went and used SIRIL's registration (global-something - last one on the list)
and Pixel Maximum for stacking, so I have the moon relatively centered w/ proms, etc on both sides
At some point when leaving the FITS domain, I will use AstroPixelProcessor to export to TIF since it has a REALLY nice debayering algorithm (Advanced Airy Disk) that make things sharp!
Will have some more info after I get the 'same exposure' groups added together into something you can see