•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade MTS-SN8

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 Oberhus

Oberhus

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 23 June 2022 - 07:59 AM

Hi Everyone.  I know this is an old thread, but I've recently acquired an mts-sn8 with the lx quartz drive on the very cheap and I'm trying to bring it back to life.  It's an interesting creature, and I have a thing for classic scopes (still have my well functioning Odyssey 'compact' 10.1 from 1986).  I'm working on rejuvenating this mts (I've cleaned the corrector and mirror, and they seem ok) but the seller didn't have the drive corrector/controller for the quartz drive, the declination motor, or a power adapter.  I no almost nothing about these older quartz drives but in pictures for this model it looks like they have a rheostat on the corrector to control the drive speed?  I'm pretty sure I can put together something to get power the drive, but does anyone know where I can find suitable replacements or if there's a way to adapt the quartz drive to more modern corrector/controllers?  Thanks!

#27 Tom Stock

Tom Stock

Apollo

• Loc: Saint Augustine, FL

Posted Yesterday, 08:19 AM

https://archive.org/...ge/n23/mode/2up

• Rick-T137 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics