•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Neptune (still searching) plus a late Saturn...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Cosmos

• topic starter
  • Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:14 PM

If the worst came to pass Ferret, perhaps you could find an AA buddy amongst the AA community in Florida somewhere: maybe an older fella that you could trust in one of the astro-clubs...must be plenty of 'em around & even though I know you're a bit of a loner (I understand that, not many black Australians around here, even less AA'ers! lol.gif ) you could make contact with some club & I'm sure you'd find a sympathetic ear or 2 among folks who could be trusted to look after any gear until you found your feet again!

My Mum went downhill fast when she lost the will to keep on getting up & trying to walk whenever she could: all I can say is you're a breath of fresh air here at times bro - so hang in there, whatever happens! wink.gif

• kevinbreen likes this

#27 moonwatching ferret

moonwatching ferret

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: sebastian fl

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:18 AM

Her feet were swollen like balloons at the doctors office and they always are. I have to spend more time with her then i do with the scope and my collection of 3d collective pitch rc helicopters, those things are the hardest and most challenging rc aircraft to fly. point i am making is i used a rubber band for exercising not a little rubber band to stretch and exercise her ankles and tendons then an aggressive foot massage to get the blood flowing better and today her feet were the least swollen iv seen in a long time. in fact they were barely swollen.  she also got right out of bed this morning and was walking around with her walker all day long. so I guess exercise is key its like seeing in imaging. so I noticed a bright fire ball heading east low in the sky treetop level. the kind you would almost here a sonic boom from. it was low and bright plus several others but average size. 

I found neptune very easily . way before i had setting circles(which I dont use) and way before there was go to (which I don't have) i use to staar hop from one objectt to the next including the hard ones like stevens quintet/ hans chrimson star. anyway looks like  no brainer its right there next to that bright star in Aquarius sorry  i forget the name of the star. I was going to try and image tonight but its to late and i need to join the rest of the normal world and find work. also I did want to get up before my mom and do some stretches with her while sheis laying flat on her back in bed. about the worst problem with her is she has a sight touch of dementia she is also hard to talk to and it takes time and patience to get her to understand things. as far as imaging goes I would love it if i could get some kind of grant not that much money but just a bit to help out then I could image the moon and planets all night long 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics