•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Solar eclipse in August 2, 2027

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 REC

REC

Voyager 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: NC

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:01 PM

Well, we are all waiting for our next eclipse over the US in 2024, you may want to start saving an eclipse fund for 2027.Can you imagine being in Luxor, Egypt over the Pyramids!! Not only that, but it will be a long one, 6:22! Double WOW!

That's has to be pretty historic, I wonder if there was one back in ancient days over Pyramids and temples ect. That must have been a hot topic of the Pharaoh's!

• charotarguy and comprapescado like this

#2 Casmith1228

Casmith1228

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:26 PM

I'll be looking into this one! As I thought, it is the next in the same Saros (136) as 1991, 2009. 1991 was my first Total and I had to cancel cruise plans for 2009. The next after 2027 is 2045, hey I'll only be 91! This one happens to be another coast to coast, California to Florida and Puerto Rico, and still 6 minutes max duration. One can hopesmile.gif

#3 Phillip Creed

Phillip Creed

Idiot Seeking Village

• Loc: Canal Fulton, OH

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

Luxor in 2027 would be THE venue.  There were lots of clouded out sites for the 2009 eclipse in China.  Weatherwise, August in Luxor is virtually a slam-dunk.

Clear Skies,

Phil

• bunyon and charotarguy like this

#4 vickiestar

vickiestar

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:25 AM

Eclipse fund for 2027? That's beyond my planning horizon but sounds intriguing.

I started my eclipse fund for Chile - July 2019.

Although airfare will be a lot, I believe other travel costs should not be too bad (if planned in advance). There are even campsites near La Serena, with good views of the mountainside valleys. And Chile's time zone shift is small relative to the U.S. so no jet lag. But the flight is long, and it goes to the southern hemisphere, where the seasons are reversed. Are any astronomers also skiers or snowboarders?

So Egypt is possible, but first I'm thinking of the 2019 eclipse (link below), then the 2024 eclipse (from the U.S.).

https://www.cloudyni...ble-from-chile/

Then maybe Egypt.confused1.gif uhhh5.gif smile.gif

Edited by vickiestar, 19 October 2017 - 11:28 AM.

#5 Exeligmos

Exeligmos

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:31 PM

Places that come to mind....

Gibraltar

Tangier, Morocco

Luxor, Egypt

Jeddah, Saudia Arabia

#6 scoobysmak

scoobysmak

Lift Off

Posted 16 November 2017 - 09:31 PM

Places that come to mind....

Gibraltar

Tangier, Morocco

Luxor, Egypt

Jeddah, Saudia Arabia

Well I admit to making a chart and looked at the duration of totality and was like ooooohhhh, that would be nice.  This past Aug was my first eclipse for totality and now understand why they say if your not in the path you missed it.  Your locations kinda matched mine, thought about renting a boat for the week in the Mediterranean but if I do that it would be for viewing and short lens photography only.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics