Do not misunderstand here, firecapture is a great program for the stuff it works with. I have seen thousands of images uploaded with it so I know it has a strong user base. The problem is just very unique for my particular camera it seems.
Firecapture has a great design and is great user interface, I have all positive thoughts about it. My situation is only unique to my hardware I have concluded. It is constantly being updated as well, which is amazing for not costing anything! I am very pleased for what you have accomplished.
My setup is as follows.
I7 processor, 32 gigs of ddr4 ram, 1 terabyte ssd drive. windows 10. Gigabit ethernet, basler 1300-30gm ccd - monochrome.
when I select 640x480 roi the frame rate is so much higher that the exposure level becomes exponentially brighter than what is visibly apparent at full frame. This has happened with every camera I have owned in the past, with every piece of software I have used, including sharp cap and fly cap, the pylon viewer app, and IDS capture app.. Camera sensitivity is dependent on frame rate,
how can you pull more than 30 frames per second out of a resolution that is only rated at 30 frames per second for its fastest exposure rate?? The brightness of the image is factored for that very specific exposure time (without gain). 1296x966 in my instance
It took me three days worth of tinkering with the firecapture .ini file just to get a solid 600 frame buffer set into my ram for a 31fps capture rate.. I got the program somewhat stable right now but the second I turn on 16bit, it becomes instantly frozen and bogs down to 1fps. I can send you my camera backup file if you wish... I have spoken to you with this situation through email <--- Apollo - - - - - I have already sent you my log files and you replied that you did not know what the particular error meant.
It is not a big deal, free software is free software. This is a niche hobby and unless we focus on the hardware that everyone already knows works without a hitch then there will always be a hiccup or two down the road..
I still have problems with the standard basler pylon capture software. If GIGE NETWORK bandwidth settings (packet size, buffer size, transport layer delay, frame delay, reservation etc.) are not correct (there is no autodetect) you get immediate issues.
As I said, I am having the same problem with genika, I cannot even get the app to start up on my pc. I bought the computer in january of 2017, so It is basically new. I could not even imagine how difficult setting my equipment up on an I9 processor with 12 cores would be. ($4000 computer....)
It is just the nature of windows 10 and 3rd party capture devices. You either have a piece of hardware that works immediately every time, or you do not. 64bit driver resource and runtime files are still very flawed.
I just shrug it off, and eventually ill figure out a workaround or just buy a new camera that many many people have tested with great success and have zero issue with.. (anything below windows 10 is a major risk once attached to an internet)
(it is not just firecapture I am having problems with either, a-lot of the stacking software also meticulously tedious for loading video files in windows 10) Things need to be upgraded to .mp4 format to get rid of all the bandwidth and memory issues. Raw format is great but with a 1920x1080 resolution we are just creating memory/bandwidth errors due to the insane file sizes. Not many people in the astrofield with 256gigs of system ram and 10 terabytes of disposable space....
Edited by icecreamcat, 18 September 2017 - 12:32 AM.