•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Question for Vendors on Pre-ordering

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Costello

Mark Costello

Soyuz

• topic starter

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

Hi

What does it mean when you all say a product (e.g., a Celestron ONYX or Meade 5000ED) can be pre-ordered? In particular, does money change hands on a pre-order?

The reason why I ask is that sometimes I see some grumping on other forums about pre-ordering products that are late getting out. I understand it if the customer put some money down but I don't understand it if no money changed hands.

Thanks for your response

#2 Agena AstroProducts

Agena AstroProducts

Vendor (AGENA AstroProducts)

• Vendors

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:29 AM

Hi Mark,

This all depends on a particular vendor. There is no standard definition of pre-ordering.

Some will add you to a waiting list for no money down. Others will take a small advance (refundable or non-refundable) to let you pre-order and charge you the remainder when your item ships. Yet others will charge you the full amount as soon as you pre-order.

So check with specific vendors for what their definition of "pre-ordering" is.

Best wishes,
Manish Panjwani
Agena AstroProducts
www.AgenaAstro.com

#3 Astronomics

Astronomics

Vendor: Astronomics

• Administrators

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:53 PM

We only take money on a very large purchase. Usually over $20,000, but we may not take any sort of downpayment at all. The only thing we require is a name and contact info. If the consumer wishes to leave payment information that is fine, but we don't charge their credit card unless instructed to by the consumer.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics